Chefchaouen, Morocco

My favourite hostel in Chefchaoen, if not the world. A beautifully restored Riad, worth it for the roof-terrace alone.

Tangier Melting Pot Hostel

Tangier, Morocco

I've stayed here twice now and I'm a fan. It's a really good meeting place, right in the medina. The staff are welcoming, the place is clean and there's a lovely roof terrace. The downside for me was the mattresses which are poor. But I'd still stay there again.

Chefchaouen, Morocco

This is one of my favourite guest-houses anywhere in the world. I've returned 3 or 4 times. The location is perfect, within the city walls but down a side-street so it's quiet at all times. The best bit is the roof terrace. It has a true 'wow factor', overlooking the city and the mountains beyond. Breakfast is also very good. I've continued eating porridge on my return. The staff are caring but this Riad is treated like a family home so if you're noisy or messy, I'd recommend elsewhere.

Chefchaouen, Morocco

I've been to Chaoen a few times and stayed at various hostels. Most often I stay at the fun but grungy Souika but I wanted something with more charm this time and Riad Baraka definitely has that without costing much more. The building has been beautifully restored throughout and has a delightful roof-top terrace. The owner, Anna, is a wonderful host and can help you with your stay and onward plans. Highly recommended. I'll be back.

I felt really well looked after in this place. Magic Man really lives up to his name. I'll definitely tell others about this hostel.

Pension Souika

Chefchaouen, Morocco

I really enjoyed my stay here. It is clean, central and has a great roof-top terrace.

Leoney Resort

Goa, India

This a a great place for the right trip. I went as a backpacker and was very much out of place among the British and Russian package tourists. For a package holiday, especially with kids, it's a perfect spot. Lovely pool and gardens and charming staff.

Sidsmums Travellers Retreat

Carcassonne, France

Sidsmums calls itself a 'retreat' and its exactly that. Its a quiet, peaceful spot where you can spend your days chatting with other travellers or alone reading a book. Plus there's all the advantages of being at home without your own 'mum' nagging you to clean your room.