Riad Baraka

Chefchaouen, Morocco

I've been to Chaoen a few times and stayed at various hostels. Most often I stay at the fun but grungy Souika but I wanted something with more charm this time and Riad Baraka definitely has that without costing much more. The building has been beautifully restored throughout and has a delightful roof-top terrace. The owner, Anna, is a wonderful host and can help you with your stay and onward plans. Highly recommended. I'll be back.

I felt really well looked after in this place. Magic Man really lives up to his name. I'll definitely tell others about this hostel.

Pension Souika

Chefchaouen, Morocco

I really enjoyed my stay here. It is clean, central and has a great roof-top terrace.

Leoney Resort

Goa, India

This a a great place for the right trip. I went as a backpacker and was very much out of place among the British and Russian package tourists. For a package holiday, especially with kids, it's a perfect spot. Lovely pool and gardens and charming staff.

Sidsmums Travellers Retreat

Carcassonne, France

Sidsmums calls itself a 'retreat' and its exactly that. Its a quiet, peaceful spot where you can spend your days chatting with other travellers or alone reading a book. Plus there's all the advantages of being at home without your own 'mum' nagging you to clean your room.