Berlin City Lounge

Berlin, Germany

I had a terrible experience here. I made a booking with a check-in time for 18:00. When i arrived no one would answer the door. After the third try one of the guests eventually let me in, and said there was no staff there. I found this extremely strange. I decided to leave my luggage in the common room, go get something to eat, and email/ call them. No return email/call. When I went back at 22:00, THERE WAS STILL NO STAFF TO CHECK ME IN. I had to leave and find other accommodations.

Hostel Han

Pristina, Kosovo

Amazing location in the centre of Split in a beautiful building. The only downside is the lack of a kitchen or even a fridge because eating out in this city is a bit expensive.

Sunset apartments

Zadar, Croatia

Great location if you want to spend all of your time at the beach - only a two minute walk to the water. There was an ATM and grocery store only a few minutes away. However getting downtown without a car is a lot more trouble than they advertise. The bus only comes every 30 minutes to an hour, and taxis are expensive. Our rating of the facilities would have been much higher if there was A/C or a fan in our room. It was very difficult to sleep.

Hostel Lika

Zagreb, Croatia

The best hostel we have ever stayed in. Not only are the facilities (a real espresso machine!) and the value unbeatable, but the staff go above and beyond anything we've ever experienced in a hostel before. You feel at home with them. We planned to stay one night here, booked a second, then ended up staying four. Don't be scared off by the location outside of the centre - Zagreb is a small city, and the hostel is right beside a tram stop and taxi rank (taxis are incredibly cheap in Zagreb.)

Treestyle Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Good value for the money in the centre of Budapest. Spacious kitchen and common room which leads to easy conversation. However there was a glass door to the bedroom with a motion activated light in the hallway. This made for a night with frequent interruptions. Also the shower and the bathrooms, while clean, are almost unusably small, and become very frustrating very fast.

Old Town Brasov Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Very small and quiet, but very friendly and helpful staff.

Friends Hostel Bucharest

Bucharest, Romania

The staff were excellent! They really did everything possible to ensure we had a great stay.

Art Hotel Varna

Varna, Bulgaria

The location is just 10 minutes from the beach, the rooms are spacious and nice, the staff very friendly - you really can't get better value for your money in Varna.

Best Island Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great deal for the money. The outdoor patio creates a very friendly atmosphere. The wifi was really unreliable so try and have your trip planned before you go to avoid frustration. They have an extemely adorable resident puppy named jo jo, which really adds to the atmopshere. :) Overall, we had a great experience!