Mosquito Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Staff was incredibly helpful and the common areas were kept spotless. Activities every day for guests. Had a great time.

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Bathrooms were filthy. Wifi was limited to the lobby where they had music constantly blaring, so forget about skyping anyone. They were "out of padlocks, sorry" when I arrived, so I couldn't lock up anything in my room. Boiling hot in the room, had to open the window to sleep, thus had to listen to the sounds of drunk guests smashing bottles and vomiting four floors below me all night. 4 euro charge for a crappy breakfast of bread and cornflakes. Just horrible. I'll never go there again.

Ostello Bello

Milan, Italy

I was only in Milan for one night and I was so incredibly bummed to leave this hostel. Really friendly staff, which helped create a wonderful atmosphere to meet new people. The outside terraces on each floor were fantastic (hammocks!) and the rooms, even the mixed dorms, have their own bathrooms. No dancing around in a towel in an open hallway. Free drink at check-in, all you can eat supper after buying one cocktail, wifi throughout, etc. I had such a good time and I hope to visit again.

Orsa Maggiore is great. No AC but lots of fans kept the rooms cool enough, even in the middle of July. The staff was extremely helpful. A nice sized kitchen for cooking. FANTASTIC location; I was able to walk everywhere I wanted to go, from Vatican City to the Colosseum. A nice, quiet atmosphere. Sometimes live music in the garden below--we could open the kitchen windows and have a free show. Any woman that wants quiet and comfort after a day of sightseeing will love this hostel.