Saint James Backpackers

Excellent hostel in a cool neighbourhood. Showers a bit tight, with perpetually soaked floors makes for aqua-gymnastics while trying to get dressed, but otherwise a great place. Breakfast is solid, staff are really good.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Pretty much perfect, especially the staff; Bahre, Alex and the rest are simply amazing. Trying to think of something to complain about, but I honestly can't. This should be the model hostels use everywhere.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

High end of a standard hostel. Easy to use, easy to find, great lay-out, great staff. Cool locker system. Bar was great without taking over hostel. These people know what they're doing.

Hostel Prague Tyn

Prague, Czech Republic

Excellent pretty much across the board. Breakfast is as basic as it gets, but then there's the sandwich. Staff were top notch except kinda got the run around when I went to extend; they can't add days at the desk...need manager to do it...but they don't tell you to book it on line because they charge less there, so they tell you to check back when they've spoken to her, which took 2 or 3 reminders, and then had to wait until she was there. By which time the spaces available on line were gone.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

If you want 24 hour access to a bar as part of your hostel experience, this is the place. Read a few meh comments about staff, but in my experience they were great. Some of the issue might be trying to address specific concerns with nightclub acoustics. There's a weird sulphur smell in the bathrooms, and no access to towels (or floor towels) and a guest kitchen would really help, but otherwise it's great.

Very good place made better by great employees. Heard many people staying there describing as the best they'd stayed in. I'm not 100% that I agree with that, but I can see what they're saying. It's more like a hotel than any hostel I've ever seen, so if you want that it won't get much better. Breakfast is solid and plentiful, showers are good, really cool neighbourhood around the canal. Negatives were shaky wifi and small kitchen/laundry for the volume of guests.

Hi, thanks for taking time to review us. We are happy that you liked our staff and hope that you had enough time to visit Vienna. If not you are always welcome to come back :) Cheers, Your M-Team

Ostello Olimpico Vicenza

Vicenza, Italy

Great place. Excellent, patient , very accommodating staff. I got a flu and was worried my coughing would keep my roommates awake, and they gave me a key for an empty room, no extra charge or questions asked. The location couldn't be better, the rooms and beds were standard, the lockers huge, and breakfast was pretty good by hostel standards...good coffee. Only complaint was no AC. Was there for heat wave, and it was killer, but they gave us a great fan which helped a ton.

Equity Point London

Charge for Internet, which is on and off anyway, and no real central command pace that appeals, but otherwise very good. Staff and location are high points...breakfast is ok...could use a new toaster, but the here volume probably's an issue. Very accommodating people work here, 24 hours. Never experienced it, but 24 hour desk can mean that people will check in at 3 AM, or w/e. Would go again.