Loki del Mar

Mancora, Peru

This is like a beach vacation resort for backpackers. Incredible value. A haven for 20 somethings who want to party and enjoy the beach. The hostel is huge, has a great staff (many are fellow travelers volunteering), and has a wonderful pool. The parties are pretty decent and lots of people seemed to be getting lucky haha. Beach is right next to it. Hot showers, not so good wifi but functional. better if you are close to the reception

Iguana Backpackers

Montanita, Ecuador

This was a nice hostel to stay at... close enough to the beach but far enough so that you can sleep at night. I recommend staying in the loft... it was open to the outdoors and was a great place to meet people. WiFi was only okay since hostel across the street tries to use it too. Showers hot downstairs. Sometimes toilets don't flush... beware. Overall though, I would stay here again. And you can see big iguanas climbing in the trees next to it.

Erupcion Hostel Banos

Banos, Ecuador

I was pleasantly suprised with this hostel (it was not in the top 3 ratings). The staff is very friendly and helpful, though you might need to speak some spanish depending on who is working. They upgraded me to a private room for free and were happy to negotiate with me when I added a few nights to my stay. Best free hostel breakfast I have had so far (eggs, bread w/ cheese and or jelly, hot water or milk for tea coffee or hot chocolate, and juice). Showers are actually hot!!! Recommended.

Vibes Hostel

Quito, Ecuador

Stayed here for well over a week... pretty good hostel. Well located. 3 minutes from the best discotek (bungalow 6). Good flow of travelers. Breakfast is kind of meh (bread, jam, cereal, bananas). wifi is just okay, not very consistent but it does work throughout the hostel so you can usually use it in your bed. in the showers the water temperature alternates between warm and hot, but its not bad. great staff that is helpful and friendly. lots of movies to watch

I really like this chain of hostels. This particular hostel was great. The staff was very entertaining and helpful. They have a pool and it feels absolutely wonderful. Lots of travelers come here so easy to meet people. Recommend.

Black Sheep Hostel Medellin

Medellin, Colombia

This hostel is a bit more like a hotel. Good for traveling couples who know maybe aren't looking to party so much. Rooms are nice. Not as lively as other hostels... would not recommend for solo travelers unless you just want to relax and take an easy day.

The Pit Stop Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

This hostel was incredible. It has a pool, hammocks, a great staff, and a very relaxing atmosphere. I planned to stay for a few days and ended up staying two weeks. A lot of people end up living here. My favorite parts were great WiFi, the hammocks, and the hot showers and nice bathrooms. Most of the travelers here speak English.

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

I was traveling by myself and was a little uncomfortable in Cartagena at first, but the hostel staff (especially Alex and Yoli) made my stay amazing. I strongly recommend getting to know the people who work at the hostel and hanging out with them! They were very knowledgable about everything. Nobody did any drugs in my room like other reviews suggest so it was fine. My only gripe is the WiFi goes in and out all the time but other than that I recommend it here. Def the most popular hostel here.