• USA, Female, 41+
La Marea, Fuerteventura, Spain
30th Jan 2016

I am booking another return trip to this exact location 8 months after my first visit. The fact that I am returning should speak volumes about how highly I value La Marea hostel!

• USA, Female, 41+
Barmy Badger Backpackers, London, England
14th Jul 2014

The kitchen is the best part of this hostel I liked the ensuites but if someone just wanted to use the toilet whilst one person was taking a shower that is the only drawback. Liz the manager and Spencer the night manager were very helpful if I needed something, which is actually priceless comparing to most hostels. My only suggestion would be that since July was extremely hot we really needed a fan in the bedroom to keep cool with 4 people trying to sleep at once.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you liked the kitchen, the en-suites and the helpfulness of our staff! Safe onward travels from all of us at the Badger.

Sandeman Allen, London, England
7.7
29th Aug 2013

Excellent rooms, good value for money, great food, impressed with many parts of this. At the same time, the cleanliness needed much improving in the toilets, showers, and hallways. So I am torn myself about how I feel about this one and rate my two night stay. Plus, love the new gym which is mostly empty. If you work out, you will be spoiled. Food is delicious, not just your average hostel fair. Overall, I will say positive.

MEININGER London Hyde Park, London, England
4.6
15th Aug 2013

Very filthy dirty. No one makes the beds. My bed didn't have enough sheets. The "pod" bathroom does not work for women! for example if someone showers, no one can use the toilet. So you have it worse than 1 toilet and 1 standalone shower. In a room of 6 or 8 women, this leads to insanity. When I finally got in the toilet/shower pod, it was disgustingly dirty. Never going back. Not to mention, I think for the money they should at least make the beds, I'm not the maid here!

First THANK YOU on reviewing our Hostel. Second we have to apologize that you did not feel confy in our Hostel. Anyway, we have a 24/7 reception, please let us know the next time if there are any proplems. We really try to solve it immediately!!! Nevertheless thank you for staying with us, and again sorry!!! M team

5.7
1st Aug 2013

Next to a pub, every night without fail there is a loud party that does not die down until 2 am or perhaps later, even on Weds and Thurs nights. Also, busloads of kids from Germany, Argentina, takeover the pub and get drunk and scream until 2 am so no one can sleep. The night staff can't be bothered to tell them to keep it down. Drunk German kids were banging on all the doors at 4 am and waking everyone up. You won't get any sleep. I've stayed here 4 separate occasions, always the same.

No.8 Willesden Hostel London, London, England
2.0
23rd Jul 2013

I have bug bites from bed bugs. I've seen a doctor and he thinks I should report the hostel to health and safety, as they are very large and quite profuse. after reading previous reviews, I see there has been a problem for months with similar reviews for bed bugs. Disgusting that the staff can't be bothered to buy new cots. Seriously, 10 per night, 100 beds= 1000 per night is what they are raking in. They can't buy a new cots? Did I mention lazy and stupid staff? Creepy men lurking in halls too