• USA, Couple, 31-40
Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia
10th Jul 2013

First off, yes it is very expensive (all the hostels in the old city are), but blame the city for the exorbitant taxes not the hostels in town. I was pretty upset that I was going to pay the amount I did before I checked in, but after meeting the hostel owner and his nephew who works there, I forgot all about the money. This is, without a doubt, the best hostel I have EVER stayed in. The owner is one of the most friendly and caring guys you will ever meet. I recommend this place to everyone.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
Jajce Youth Hostel, Jajce, Bosnia And Herzegovina
6.6
7th Jul 2013

The Good: Clean Rooms, decent price, and good location. The Bad: The bathrooms had no toilet paper and staff did/would not put new ones in. The toilet leaked, nothing done. One of the staff members was not very friendly and was upset we didn't want to leave our luggage in the public restaurant next door instead of in the locked office. The bike rentals are expensive, and one has a flat tire. There is a lot of potential in this place, but they are they are the only game in town and they know it.

• USA, Male, 31-40
The CubaHostel, St Petersburg, Russia
7.4
22nd Jun 2013

The location was great. It was a very short walk from the metro station (5 min?) and was pretty easy to find. The staff were all very nice, spoke good English, and were all knowledgable about the city's attractions, resturants, and shops. The left luggage was on another floor from the reception and the staff would just lend ou the keys to the customers. The hostel could have been cleaner The wifi is ok near reception, but not in the rooms in rear. I enjoyed my stay and would go back again.