Emerald Fields

Florence, Italy

The staff are very friendly and the location is great, but there is no real common room that people congregate. Only two bathrooms per floor so they get pretty dirty and smelly as the day goes by. Other than that it's great though. Would recommend.

Ape Latina

Rome, Italy

STAY HERE! This is the best hostel experience I have had so far. Francesca and Andrea were over the top friendly and helpful. Francesca spent 20 mins writing out a map of the city with places to see, places to eat and even gave us her personal number in case something happened. Her recommendations were amazing. It doesn't have much of a lounge area to meet other guests (it's really more like a hotel), but this is by far the best bang for your buck I've found in Europe so far.

PLUS Camping Jolly

Venice, Italy

It's a really nice facility and they have a pool and decently priced market. There's not really much of a common meeting grounds and it seems more like a family oriented commune. It was good, but I didn't like it as much as the hostels I've stayed at where it encouraged meeting of young people traveling.

Great location. You can walk to pretty much anything in Berlin. Also, the environment is just great! Their set up really encourages travelers to mingle and meet each other. The staff was extremely helpful. We even went out with two of them our first night. Best hostel I've stayed in. HIGHLY recommend.

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

Really great location if you are flying to or from Frankfurt International Airport. Very clean facilities, the best hostel showers you could have and staff are friendly. Not a great location if you are trying to do sight seeing, but an excellent airport hub.