Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great if travelling alone. roof top bar is amazing

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Pricey but it is a great Hostel - one of the best I've stayed in!

Mushroom Point

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Would definitely recommend this place! Really cool and funky place to stay. Shame they have no indicidual lockers for valuables and some of the staff can be a bit short (verging on rude) at times. But they do have a safe at reception and an amazing location. And ROUND BEDS in the dorm!!

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Solid place to stay. Everything you want/need. Not a 100% backpacker crowd so a bit less full on than other places I've stayed. Even a couple of families here. Good bar with happy hour, friendly staff and they make visiting Angkor Wat really easy with tours to sign up to (perfect if travelling alone like I am). Free bikes too!

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

This place is AMAZING. Cannot recommend it enough. The staff are the frendliest people in Vietnam (if not the world) and it was a great vibe. Without a doubt my favourite hostel on my whole trip.

Amazing hostel for partying and having fun. I'm on my own and within seconds I'd made friends - which is what matters! Activities in the bar every night mean you're never alone - unless you want to be as it's easy to chill too. Did a castaway trip to Halong bay too - worth every dong!! So laid back the whole place just has a great vibe.

My favourite place in the world!! If you're ok with roughing it for a few days then this is the place for you. Staff are great and the atmosphere is second to none. I made friends for life here and it's perfect is you're travelling on your own. Great views and location just a short (muddy) walk from town or 5mins by road on a scooter. 100% recommend this place!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Good safe and secure place to stay - especially if you're just arriving in Bangkok. Not amazing for meeting people but Bangkok isn't in general! Rooms are very clean and quiet (I was in 22 bed too) and security is really good too. Bring your own padlock though!