Location: Germany, Gender: Male, Age: 28

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel! If you look for a place with great atmosphere to meet other travellers look no further. In addition, the staff was outstanding: since there were not enough people for the regular pup crawl due to low season (which I'm certain would have been awesome btw ) they took me and another guy on a private trip to a couple pretty neat clubs - awesome night, great effort to make guests happy, great hostel experience! Recommended!

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great Hostel! The staff was outstanding - they really went out of their way to help me create a video for my sister's 18th birthday. When I'm in HKG next time, I'll go here again!

Red Carabao Community

Manila, Philippines

A good hostel. Somewhat unusual, it is actually a family-house made into an hostel which gives it an interesting atmosphere. It is pretty hard to find despite the directions given. Try to go on a walking tour with the owner - very cool.

Shophouse The Social Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Solid hostel - nothing special though.

Very professionally-run hostel. Be aware though that it has a very strong focus on partying - if that's not what you are looking for then a different hostel may be better.

Waterland Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Really good place - a hotel really, not a hostel. Outstanding and super-helpful staff!

Ruby Hotel

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Overall, an average hotel. One of the staff speaks basically no English, which makes communication difficult. Also be aware that there is more than one Ruby Hotel in town - they failed to tell us and we had to pay another 80K to the taxi driver to get us there. However, they were nice in offering a place to sleep until our actual room was ready. The room itself was rather underwhelming but ok for the price.

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Good hostel, great staff, excellent location. If I could change one thing, it would be getting a better commons area - maybe on the rooftop?

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Overall, a below-average experience. The location is good and they have alright facilities (rooftop restaurant, bar/commons area etc.). However, the staff`s English was mediocre at best and the fact that they always want to have money upfront (even in the restaurant they brought my food to the table and then asked for the money on the spot) was kind of offputting. Also, the bathrooms need better cleaning. Next time, I´ll stay somewhere else.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Overall a great hostel! Atmosphere is great, they have an awesome swimming pool and the rooms are great, too. Oh, and they come and pick you up. Mildly offputting is the price of the food - it feels like they really try to squeeze money out of you. I still strongly recommend this place!

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Overall a solid hostel. I liked the tipps & tricks on Cambodia the owner was giving out. Also the breakfast is nice (you have to pay extra though). Location is alright, too. Only downside was that the hostel at times looked a little run down (not terrible, but could use a new paint job, new beds and/or lockers).

Thanks for the honest appraisal and review. We've been exceptionally busy recently but in the 9 weeks since we took this hostel over we have replaced 2 A/Cs with new units, put new mattresses in all rooms and A/C rooms now have bunk beds (no more mattresses on the floor there!). We have painters in now and the whole hostel except reception is being repainted. We may look at running an offer to give Bed & Breakfast options but there's other improvement work we want to do first.

Kool Backpacker Hostel

Phuket, Thailand

Okay-experience. Somewhat unusual for a hostel, it basically occupies one level of an office building. That means there are no windows and only artificial light. Also you need to be aware that it's at the center of Phuket's night life strip. Great if you would like to party, but not very relaxing. I liked that the bathrooms were very big and comparatively clean.

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Simply a really great hostel - best facilities (beds, rooms etc.) I have ever had in a hostel plus really clean. Only drawback is the location - though not terrible by any means it doesn't want to make you stay for an extended period.

A good hostel - a plus is that there are 2 showers and 2 toilets for every 8-bed dorm. To become excellent, it would need a commons area and the cleaning lady would have to work a bit more diligent (which isn't to say it was outright dirty).

Good hostel with great facilities (2 showers + 2 toilets for 8 people) and a very helpful owner, Ryan. Downsides: no commons area plus there is some construction going on. But overall, very good experience.

Bamboo Hostel Haad Rin

Koh Phangan, Thailand

This isn't really a hostel: it's a Tatoo parlor with a room upstairs where they crammed as many bunk beds in as possible. There is one shower and one toilet+shower for 14 people. There is no commons area plus the price is ridiculous. It is, however, very close to the Full Moon Party site - which is probably the only time anyone would ever book there. Oh, and the staff is friendly, at least.

We were changes and now we have 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms / showers, conviviable area with TV and a tattoo parlor apart. Thank you for your visit

Koh Tao Central Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

A good hostel experience - especially the staff was very helpful (they also rent out scooters and help you with the booking). Two things to improve: the hostel didn't have a commons area and also the toilets/shower area could really use a fan. the way it's now, there is a constant smell. Overall, a reasonable hostel, especially if you are looking for something cheaper.

Udee Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Overall a solid hostel - just a little far out: you'll have to take the metro train to get to the city centre. But if you like it quiet for a couple of days, you will like it.