Tasso Hostel, Florence, Italy
3rd Aug 2013

Best hostel experience I've had. Great location, facilities, and security. Awesome social area with a bar that has decent prices. Great place to meet people. Awesome staff.

Legends, Rome, Italy
30th Jul 2013

Great all around but not the best for meeting people outside of those in your room. Very clean and safe, great location right by Termini station.

Ca' Venezia, Venice, Italy
6.3
29th Jul 2013

No air conditioning in some rooms. Couldn't open windows or mosquitoes would eat you alive. Bathroom floor was often covered in a mixture of water and dirt, which was annoying. No lockers that I saw. Only (ice) cold showers on my floor (top floor). On the positive side, nice roof to chill on, cooking and refrigeration facilities, nice staff, cool place to meet other travelers, decent location. Overall, it's solid if you get an air conditioned room, but if not, I'd look elsewhere.

Hotel Kappa, Venice, Italy
26th Jul 2013

It was a nice place to get a rest from the packed hostels. I enjoyed my stay. Easy to get to as well.

Paris Namdemun Guesthouse, Paris, France
21st Jul 2013

Only complaint was that the hostel has no air conditioning, but it was only a problem because there were record temperature highs while I was there. I'm sure it's not normally a problem. Other than that it was great. Tasty FREE breakfast and dinner, very flexible with when you pay, and easy for booking extra nights. It's a bit of a walk from the nearest train station, but that station is on the 7 line which goes right into all of the main sights. Great place for meeting people. Highly recommend!

Derwentwater Independent Hostel, Lake District, England
28th Jun 2013

Some of the lockers were not fully functional, but I felt safe enough to not have to lock up my belongings anyway. Staff was very nice and even helped us map out what we wanted to do the next day. It was clean enough for me, but I'm not to picky about that sort of thing anyway.