Reviews: smykyte

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Flying Pig Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Basically a good overall hostel but WAY overpriced (except the drinks, thank you) and I hated that the common space (the only common space) was the bar and although the music selection by the staff overall was pretty good, it would've been nice to be able to sit on a couch or a bean bag chair and just be able to relax without drunk people screaming over the loud music.

• 5th Sep 2013

Hostel Ruthensteiner

Vienna, Austria

The staff were incredible, the building was awesome, they have a giant chess set in the back yard and the kitchen is nice and big. The only thing I didn't like in the hostel were the showers....the having to press it on was a little annoying...other than that all good...didn't really like Vienna but the hostel made it bearable.

• 25th Aug 2013

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

The main (only) nationality to check into Wombats were Australians...but I didn't think it would be to this extreme. I love Australians but I don't get why they all have to group together and bash Canadians and Americans because "they're all just really stupid". After hearing a young Australian girl say this...the group nodding yes...I was like nope, this isn't for me. If you actually enjoy meeting other nationalities besides Aussies (home will still be there) don't stay here.

• 20th Aug 2013

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

I went on a Sunday/Monday...felt really bad for the staff because there was a massive group of British 18 year olds being incredibly rude SO SORRY you guys had to deal with them. Staff were great. Bed was comfy. Just think it was a little overpriced for what it was.

• 18th Aug 2013

Hostel Orange

Prague, Czech Republic

Worst staff I have ever met in a hostel. If you hate your job so much why don't you get a new one? Nasty, nasty girls. I tried asking directions...they gave me a map and then went back to their conversation with their friend. I asked what to do in Prague and she said...look it up you have internet. I asked for a water and the girl handed me a warm one off the shelf and when I asked for a cold one she rolled her eyes went back and got me a cold one. Average to bad hostel terrible staff.

• 13th Aug 2013

Mosquito Hostel

Krakow, Poland

No common room...just some benches....and the kitchen. Was a thrift shop theme that night so we got some free shots...a lot of the people there tended to be in groups and the receptionists weren't very helpful at pointing out things that weren't tours...maybe they get commission?

• 13th Jul 2013

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Awesome place to start the second leg of my Eurotrip. The lady at reception was really nice and helpful. The guy who ran the pub crawl was great. I loved the common areas (top and bottom). Overall great.

• 10th Jul 2013