Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 22

Ostello Burigozzo 11

Hostel Colours

Sant Jordi Diagonal Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Sant Jordi Diagonal was the best hostel I have stayed at on this trip. The boys who run reception and the pub crawl are some of the best people I have ever met. I was lucky enough to make friends from all around the world in the week I stayed there. The free pub crawls are a great way to see some of Barcelona's nightlife, and it is easy to have a chat in the kitchen or the common rooms. Once you have been there for one night you will definitely want to book more... :)

Generator Venice

Venice, Italy

Awesome hostel- the bar, cool vibe and amazing staff made it all worth it. The staff met you with a smile, where alw friendly and went above and beyond. Super impressed. Just be aware (the only 2 things preventing this being a 100% review) as the hostel is so close to the beach (yay!) you are quite far away from downtown area where I presume the more authentic restaurants, shopping and markets are. Also this party hostel attracts groups of friends, making it hard to connect as a solo traveller.

Great hostel, the outside bar area is clean, has wifi and the great vibe encourages socialising. Wasn't too loud at night in either of the 2 rooms I stayed in. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Hostel Brikette

Positano, Italy

Good hostel with cool people- the balcony is amazing! However the cleanliness, lack of air conditioner in the 10 people mixed dorm, the noise from the balcony after 2am and the lack of areas for charging electronics wasn't ideal.

Their are 8 further electronic charge points at reception. The 10 bed dorm is, as advertised, purely meant as a budget option. At this time of year, that room is only going to suit those who enjoy their nightlife - because its near to the bar and terrace area. We do enforce a no music, talk-at-a-reasonable-level policy on the terrace after 2am. That policy is enforced, and by 2:15am, at the latest, it'll result in a quiet terrace.

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

Mosaic Hostel

Rome, Italy

Excellent internet access in the rooms- a nice, clean, quiet room.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

I really enjoyed my 6 night stay at the Yellow. The bar had a great vibe and was an excellent way to meet people. They had good lockers under the bed in the room (though you need your own padlock). I would recommend people to stay at the Yellow as a great hostel. Areas that could be improved: -Wifi was a bit dodgy in the rooms. -Cleaning of the rooms could be more thorough. - You pay for the good vibe at the bar. the drinks are not cheap.

Ostello Burigozzo 11

Milan, Italy

I liked the hostel but the disappointing thing was the lack of opportunity to meet other travellers. It was clean and had good security but people left in the morning and just came back to the hostel to sleep. Maybe a pub crawl or a cooking night may help to get people connecting as they travel.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

I was very happy with my one night stay at the Green Kiwi Backpackers- the beds were comfy, the people were nice, I thought the breakfast was great and I took full advantage of their $1 coffees. Full of charm, I wish I had been able to stay longer.