Hello House

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Staff were wonderful; would stay again. Breakfast is okay; the biggest plus is that they always give you fresh fruit.

Duc Vuong Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Would not stay here again. $35/night is too much to spend on a two star place like this. It is in a convenient location right in the backpackers ghetto, but because of this it was so loud all night long we couldn't sleep at all. It is is nice place, but the whole point of a hotel is to have a good place to sleep and it was impossible to do so here. I would not recommend staying anywhere on the street that this hotel is on if you want to do any sleeping whatsoever.

Nhi Trung Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

A nice place, about 10 minutes away from the old town, so not too far. The staff was helpful and kind and the room was nice and clean, although the hotel is right on the street and our room was also facing the street, so it got noisy from the traffic starting at 6-7 in the morning. The breakfast is quite good as well, although quite basic; they do not mind to let you order as much as you want. They also give you 1 free liter of water every day.

Cat Ba Guesthouse

Cat Ba Island, Vietnam

Hanoi Old Town Hotel

Hanoi, Vietnam

For $17, well worth it. Great location, pretty clean (there is housekeeping every day). Atmosphere seems nil though, although there is a "free beer Friday" from 5-7 on Friday that could probably be good. The staff's English was good. The free breakfast is okay, because it is free, but in terms of quality, I would never pay for it.

Happy Guesthouse Sukhothai

Sukhothai, Thailand

Well, you get what you pay for. It was $6 for both of us combined and we got our money's worth. The room was tiny, pretty much just space for the bed. We had our own bathroom though, and it was clean, decent enough. The bed was rather hard though, but again one gets what one pays for. There seems to be no social atmosphere whatsoever and they make you pay 20 baht to store your luggage.

HI Mid Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

A nice place; seemingly quiet (on a monday), but with a very good location for me (as I needed to come from dmk and then go to bkk). The bathrooms were very clean and nice; the beds were okay. They give you a towel, which is cool and the beds have curtains. The wifi is a hassle though: you must log on pretty much continuously.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great location, would definitely stay again. Very good vibe, common room is well done and makes it easy to meet people. Clean and comfortable beds. Lockers are quite small though.

Great location, very good vibe. Staff's English isn't that good though. Would stay again.

I would definitely stay again; it has a cool vibe in the hostel itself; two good spaces to hang out, and is located in a very cool building in the heart of yangshuo. The wifi worked great, my dorm was clean and spacious. I was very impressed, especially with how much I paid. I admit that it was a little hard to find but I asked around and people helped me. The only thing that I thought was odd was that my shower on the fifth floor was cold, which I was surprised by because everything else was 👍

Hi, Thank you for the positive feedback as always our staff strives to make everyone feel at home here at travelling with hostel . we are glade we were able to help to on your journey. welcome back anytime .-From helen

Home Hostel

Beijing, China

I thought that this place was definitely worth the price I paid: $10/night. And thus it was quite average, tending towards not that good. The air conditioner in my room was either broken or had no remote, so it was 40 degrees at night, which made it horrible for sleeping. Also, there seems to only be one bathroom for the whole hostel, which wasn't that big a deal, but it was rather far away from my dorm. I did think that the common area/lobby was really nice, and the location is also very cool.

Pension fuerDich

Zurich, Switzerland

I thought this place was very nice - I would definitely stay again. It is located in a cool part of town and is a 2 minute walk from a tram stop. Our room was lovely and extremely clean. I'm not sure if it was expensive for a Swiss hostel, but again, I would stay again. We did not hang out there, so I cannot speak about the atmosphere or the vibe, as I was not really looking to hang out, but the first floor is a cafe/bar so i suspect it would be quite good, actually.

Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

Would recommend this place - but it is very hotel-like. It has a bar in which to meet people, though.

Hello J, thanks for your great and laconic feedback. However, we would say that we are not like a hotel. We have a great common area where our guests can relax on cozy chairs and watch TV, have fun playing the many games we offer, or take part in the free events taking place everyday. We hope to see you again if you ever come back to Copenhagen. Team Generator Cph.

King Kong Hostel Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Would stay here again - very cool vibe, several places to meet people, good kitchen, excellent location. One of the coolest hostels I've seen.

Adagio Hostel 1.0 Oktogon

Budapest, Hungary

Decent - would stay there again. Common room/kitchen is very good for being social. Toilet/shower location is a bit odd but they do well enough.

A fine place to stay - very hotel like - not very close to the city center

A Wild Elephants Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

Best hostel I've stayed at in terms of atmosphere - the staff are super chill and everyone hangs out together; probably the best hostel, location-wise, in Bratislava as well. I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Bratislava.

11th Hour Hostel and Cinema

Budapest, Hungary

Very nice place to stay - homey, and the staff were extremely nice. The location is also quite nice - easy walk to many of the attractions in the city.

The location is excellent, staff is very nice. However, if you are a solo traveller, I would not recommend staying here; it was mostly groups who stayed here and the "common room" was actually a restaurant, which makes it hard to meet people; little atmosphere, although the free dinner was tasty and not an abysmal place to try and meet people. Also, the sinks in the bathroom are minuscule and so it is hard to even wash your hands, let alone wash your face or shave.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for leaving a review. I'm bit surprised that you think it's hard to meet people here. The best example is a free dinner, that brings everyone to the dinning room at the same time and create a great oportunity to meet up with new people. Also you can join the pub crawl and go out with others or if you're not a party animal, you can stay in the hostel and listen to the concert that every nights takes place on our little stage and meet the locals. Can't imagine better place to meet people

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

A good place to stay (lots of stairs to climb though). A cool bar - a good place to meet people.

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Extremely nice facilities... Everyone, both staff and the people staying in the hostel were lovely... Would stay again and also recommend it to others

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A fantastic location right by the museumsplein - would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

• 12th Jun 2014