Kick Ass Hostels

Edinburgh, Scotland

One of the best and also one of the cheapest hostels I've ever stayed at. I love that the walking tour is all people staying at the hostel, it's a great way for solo travellers to meet. The only thing I didn't love (and I loved this hostel) was I liked that there was a great kitchen but I wish that you could sit in the bar with your own food. Sitting in the kitchen during any meal time was pretty chaotic. Small complaints/suggestions though! I had a great time here.

• 23rd Nov 2015

Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

This hostel was one of the most aesthetically pleasing I've ever been in. The bar had ok prices & good vibe, but hard to meet people bc it was more locals coming to the bar in groups. It was alright though. What I did not like was the showers (only 100% freezing or scalding hot) & the "kitchen". The kitchen was a microwave toaster & kettle, but no sink so the kettle wasn't much help. There is free tea & coffee but it wasn't out, you have to ask for it at the bar. Location was perfect though.

• 19th Nov 2015

Global Village

Belfast, Northern Ireland

This hostel had such a homey and welcoming vibe. I found it to be very clean and had everything I needed. It's true, as everyone says, that there are lots of staff around mingling with guests and you can't really tell who's who, but everyone's helpful so it's alright.

• 1st Nov 2015

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Dublin, Ireland

I think this is quite a nice hostel, just not for everyone. It was mostly groups visiting dublin and people who are staying for a while as they're moving to the city, so there wasn't really a very social atmosphere. This might've just been while I was there, maybe it's more lively at other times, but considering it was Halloween weekend and the hostel was completely booked, it had a weirdly quiet vibe. The actual rooms and kitchen were nice, staff were helpful, and the location cannot be beat.

• 29th Oct 2015

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Very good for single travellers, it has a really open and friendly vibe and it's set up in a way where it feels easy to meet other folks. It was clean and I loved that each bed had a usb plugin. It is right downtown, close to everything but it didn't feel very loud at night. I had a great time here.

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Cambodia

Phoenix Hostel

A good place to stay if all you're looking for is a bed for the night. The rooms were tiny, bathrooms a bit dirty, but it is a hostel. We've had better stays in London for cheaper, but it is less than an hour's walk from Soho, which is cool and convenient. Our only note is that we are two girls travelling, & felt pretty unsafe walking back to the hostel at 1am. We were harassed and grabbed at a bit in the street, and we'd probably suggest girls staying there take a cab after the tube closes.

• 28th Aug 2013

Good value for money. As we read in other reviews, it's not near downtown. There are enough shops nearby to get the essentials, and it's very close to the bus and train stations, and the beach. Wifi throughout and a big kitchen. We were only there for one night, but it was nice.

• 27th Jul 2013

This hostel is great value. The pub downstairs was nice, as was the neighbourhood, right by Greenwich and the DLR station. The wifi worked great. We found the padlocks and towels to be a bit expensive for what they are, but that's not a big deal. Overall, we would definitely stay here again!

• 20th Jun 2013