Carpe Noctem

Budapest, Hungary

This is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Met so many amazing people, all the staff were so lovely and friendly. It wasn't like a hostel, it was just like staying with friends. I will definitely be back, I'm missing it already!

Art Hostel Taurus

Bratislava, Slovakia

Really nice hostel, but complete lack of atmosphere (which is the most important aspect for me). Maybe we were just unlucky with the other people that stayed there, but it just felt very awkward and uncomfortable.

Only chose this hostel for the location, turns out it is quite far out of the centre and still a 10 minute walk from the station. There were no lockers in the rooms which wasn't ideal, and there was no atmosphere at all. Would definitely not recommend this hostel, especially for backpackers who want to meet new people.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Had a great time at this hostel, met loads of great people. The bar had a great atmosphere, the staff were super friendly and helpful and the rooms and bathrooms were all lovely and clean. It is a bit of a trek from the centre of Prague, but the public transport is amazing and it is actually a really nice walk if you've got the time. Would definitely recommend this hostel, thoroughly enjoyed my stay here!

Great location next to the Hbf, the rooms were clean and there were lockers. I would not stay at a Meininger again though, for a traveller who wants to meet new people it wasn't great. It was full of school children messing around, the bar area had no atmosphere, and we were particularly unfortunate to have roommates who sat on their laptops all day and didn't speak to us!

Dear guest, thank you for rating us :) Backpackers are such lovely people, it makes us happy who we meet us all in our guest kitchen for cooking or at the roof top for a drink - other MEININGERs also offer dorm room for 8 or 12 people :) Hope we can assure you next time with great roommates from all over the world! Best wishes, your MEININGER Team

Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

No problems with this hostel, it was clean and in quite a good location. However, it's so big that I started to feel a bit lost in the number of people. Also, when we were there the bar was full of business people so there wasn't a very good atmosphere. Wouldn't recommend for travellers who are looking to meet new people.

Hi, thanks for your review. We welcome local guests as well as inhouse guests, as we feel it creates a great atmosphere. Perhaps you were just unlucky on the night you were here. We hope you check us out again, thanks from the team here.

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

This was my favourite hostel of my trip around Europe! The atmosphere was great, I met so many amazing people. The bar area is really nice and cosy and there outside area is lovely especially in the sun. There are two restaurants next door which are really yummy and cheap! The hostel is just a short tram ride from the center of Prague, and loads of activities are organised by the hostel, would definitely go on the pub crawl! Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone!

The Cat's Pajamas Hostel

Berlin, Germany

A really modern and quirky hostel, super clean. The atmosphere wasn't as friendly or cosy as some of the other places we stayed, but we did get good recommendations from the staff for places to go. The area is also nice with lots of places to eat, and there is a metro station very nearby so it's not too far away.

Backpackers St. Pauli

Hamburg, Germany

This was one of my favourite hostels on my trip around Europe, we met some amazing friends here and the staff were lovely and made it feel like home. There's a lovely park nearby and the Reeperbahn is a great and crazy night out! The homemade soups were yummy! Would definitely stay here again and recommend it, don't think this website does this hostel justice, it really is great!

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Much more like a hotel than a hostel! Really clean, the kitchen and bar area are nice and a great outdoor area with hammocks which was great in the sun. Really easy to get into the center of Amsterdam, just a short train journey. A really big hostel so not as cosy as some of the smaller ones, but definitely very nice.