SUCH a nice and charming hostel - you can tell they've thought of everything for their guests over the years. I stayed in the single room which was lovely, big and worth the price. Free tea in kitchen was of amazing quality. One complaint: hot water was supposed to be on from 8am, but at 8.05ish my shower was cold.

• 15th Oct 2013

Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya

Kumamoto Shi, Japan

Very pleasant and easy stay; extremely helpful staff; good vending machine. My only suggestion would be to include the ¥200 aircon/heating fee in the base price. No need to separate it and avoids dorm aircon politics!

• 8th Oct 2013

Lovely new hostel; friendly, relaxed and helpful staff; small and cozy atmosphere. I would stay here again based on value for money + easy access to everywhere interesting in Fukuoka. My suggestion would be a safe deposit box in each person's bunk. Also, my first night was extremely noisy as the dorm window was left open and the hostel is next to a main road: in future, the staff should do a nightly check that windows are shut (as there is air conditioning) and/or tell guests to do so

• 30th Sep 2013

Guest House Kinta

Kyoto, Japan

I had a lovely time here! All good but general points that stand out were - elegant location in quiet street of traditional Japanese inns and geisha-frequented drinking places, five minutes' walk from the centre of Gion; - general cleanliness and serene atmosphere. The wooden furnishings combined with the smell of lemongrass oil in my bunk made it feel like staying in a spa. AMAZING showers. - the staff were very kind and helpful, although it helps a lot if you can speak some Japanese.

• 24th Jun 2013