Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 23

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Such a great place, I've been staying here for 2 weeks now and I've really enjoyed it. Great AC, pretty good wifi, very friendly and accommodating staff. I usually go somewhere else for breakfast but for $2 you can get fruit, cereal, pancakes, and coffee. Cheap drinks, movie room, yoga room (when there's not class you can just use it on your own). There are a lot of great places to stay in SR but for the price you're really getting a lot at this hostel. I definitely recommend.

Shophouse The Social Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Shophouse is a block over from Haji street which has tons of great restaurants, cafes, and shops. The cafe at the bottom of the hostel, where the check in is, is also really good. The wifi is super fast and reliable. The upstairs roof/hangout area is really nice. Free coffee, tea, bread, nutella all day. The 12 bed dorms have windows (but they're pretty loud from the street noise - shophouse has free earplugs) and the smaller ones do not. Personally I like having windows :)

Base St Kilda

Melbourne, Australia

Definitely a fun place to stay. On the weekends beware the bar will be going till 3 AM and midnight during the week. Great food/drink deals every night. If you stay in an all girls room you get free champagne, free shampoo/conditioner and towel, and coffee on the weekends. The biggest flaw is the kitchen. It gets disgusting, people don't clean up,

Hi there, Thank you for reviewing us. We appreciate all feedback given. It seems like you mostly enjoyed your stay apart from the cleanliness of our kitchen. I'm sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on this front. Unfortunately although the kitchen is cleaned 6 times a day it can get messy due to guests not cleaning up after themselves. We will strive to stock it appropriately and keep a better eye on it so it maintains a better standard. Best wishes, BASE CREW

Backpackers Holiday Village

Byron Bay, Australia

This place is certainly not the nicest but it's guaranteed fun. They have $10 BBQ's some nights and it's a great atmosphere to meet people and go out. If you're trying to have a quiet night they make everyone leave at 10:30 which is really nice. Apartment style so everyone has a bathroom and kitchen but the communal ones are pretty good. A little pricey for what it is but everything in Byron is. Definitely recommend staying here for a good time.

Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

NZ doesn't seem to have the best hostels but this one is pretty great. Super comfy beds, good common area/kitchen, a few minutes out of the main part if town which is nice. Wifi isn't perfect but for New Zealand it's pretty good. I'd definitely stay again if I were back in Queenstown!

Nomads Capital Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Had a decent stay at nomads. Chain hostels are predictable and not always the greatest but nomads was pretty good. No free wifi and the beds should really be replaced. Every time you moved a muscle on them they were so loud. The location of the hostel couldn't be any better though. Also know, which they don't tell you in the directions, that you can take a bus from the airport which is 9 NZD rather than the ridiculous shuttle or taxi they recommend. It's about a block from the Cuba st stop.

• 30th Dec 2013

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I understand your point with the beds and these are in the process of being upgraded, unfortunately it isn't a quick process especially at this time of year but we are rolling through with new beds. Thank you for mentioning the airport bus, this is what we usually recommend to guests and has now been added to the website. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and that we see you again in the future.

The Attic Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Pretty good stay, no real complaints. The internet wasn't really working when we were there but they give you 4 hours of free wifi which is great. No lockers in the room was a bummer. Great kitchen and bathrooms and comfy beds. Staff was super helpful and friendly - we were arriving early in the AM and they gave us door codes so we could get in.

• 27th Dec 2013

Thanks for making time to leave us a review. We glad you found our beds enjoyable and our staff are a great credit to us here. We did have some issues with the internet, this has now been rectified :) With the lockers, when we did the design we found it more advantageous to have a seperate locker room, which created more space for the guest, and a locker room with cctv coverage :) We hope that you will enjoy the rest of your time in NZ and see you back at The Attic soon Cheers

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

One of my favorite hostels, don't listen to the negative comments. As they tell you it's a party hostel which just means there's a bar downstairs that can get crowded at night, making for a great place to meet people. Rooms stay pretty quiet though but try to avoid the street facing rooms, they're loud. Great hostel for solo travelers cause there's always people around to meet. Breakfast isn't included but it was a pretty good deal and they have real breakfast (eggs) which is a nice change.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Really nice hostel for a great price. The bar downstairs is a good way to meet people but they blast music unnecessarily loud at like 9/10 pm when people are just trying to eat dinner and talk to each other. All the facilities are really nice, even the big dorm rooms. It's a bit of a walk from the main part of town but Prague is small so it's all decently close. Definitely would stay here again, I've always had good experiences at St. Christopher's.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel, the bar is awesome for meeting people and hanging out. Rooms and beds are nice and lockers in the rooms make it safe. Great location next to a U Bahn stop and walking distance to some good stuff. The area has a ton of good cheap restaurants which is really nice. Only complaint is that there's no AC so sleeping in the heat of the summer is pretty miserable. The wifi is also pretty bad.

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Great hostel, I really enjoyed staying here. As they tell you, it is a bit outside of the city center but you can easily get there by walking, biking, metro, bus. Beware of the three story bunk beds. Some downsides are that there's no guest kitchen or refrigerator to keep food (in a city that's so expensive this would be nice). Overall I have no complaints, the staff was great and the hostel was one of my favorites!

Youthhostel Bern

Bern, Switzerland

Not a great place for meeting other travelers but it was a fine place to sleep for the night. It was very big and there were big groups of young teenagers staying there. Best part about it was the breakfast, I wouldn't recommend it otherwise.

Mountain Hostel Gimmelwald

Gimmelwald, Switzerland

This place is truly special and amazing. It had the most incredible views of the mountains. Definitely bring your own food, get it at the store in Mürren or bring it up from Lauternrunnen. I only stayed one night but I wish I has stayed more. So much great hiking to do. Only two downsides to Mountain Hostel are that you have to pay for showers and the dorm beds are all pushed together, so you may be sleeping uncomfortably close to a stranger.

Balmers Herberge

Interlaken, Switzerland

Such a great place for 18-30 year olds. A little bit out of the main part of town which is actually great because Interlaken is filled with tourists. Beware it's about a 20 min walk from the train stations. Good place to just hang out after a long day and its the perfect spot to meet other travelers.

We realise that with backpacks 15 minutes can be a bit long therefore we offer all our clients free bus passes, :-)