• USA, Female, 25-30
Posada San Francisco, San Juan, Puerto Rico
14th Nov 2014

This was a great hostel, in a wonderful area. It was clean, and very cheap compared to surrounding hotels. And I got my own mini-fridge! (I stayed by myself in a double.) I was there for a conference, but I would say, if I wasn't, I'd be disappointed by the atmosphere. Not a lot of people who seemed to be looking for friends and a night on the town. But, on the other hand, that made it very quiet, which was nice for sleeping. The staff was helpful and friendly. Couldn't ask for a better stay.

El Baile de La Iguana, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
11th Aug 2013

David was awesome -- super helpful and knowledgable about the area, and a sweetheart. He gave us information about the town, the beaches, and made us soup and drinks. The room was clean and the pool was too! Beautiful views, too.

Casacolores Apartment, Montezuma, Costa Rica
7th Aug 2013

Such a cute place. It's a bit far from town. We didn't have a car and it's a bit of a scary hike down a treacherous road. Definitely needed to taxi back. But, the little apartments are wonderful. Ruben was also really helpful in helping us navigate town -- what to do, where to go, etc.

Arenal Hostel Resort, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
8.0
5th Aug 2013

This hostel was pretty average, but the staff were not helpful at all. They were interested primarily in your money and had connections with tour and transportation companies in town, which meant that the advice they gave us was biased toward these companies. Staff was at times out right rude.

Hostel Urbano, San Jose, Costa Rica
3rd Aug 2013

The staff was great -- knowledgable and very willing to assist. The private room location was kind of awkward -- right in the middle of the common space.

Thank you for your comments! We try our best to ensure that our guests are comfortable, this is why certain common areas are closed after 22pm.