Posada San Francisco

San Juan, Puerto Rico

This was a great hostel, in a wonderful area. It was clean, and very cheap compared to surrounding hotels. And I got my own mini-fridge! (I stayed by myself in a double.) I was there for a conference, but I would say, if I wasn't, I'd be disappointed by the atmosphere. Not a lot of people who seemed to be looking for friends and a night on the town. But, on the other hand, that made it very quiet, which was nice for sleeping. The staff was helpful and friendly. Couldn't ask for a better stay.

El Baile de La Iguana

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

David was awesome -- super helpful and knowledgable about the area, and a sweetheart. He gave us information about the town, the beaches, and made us soup and drinks. The room was clean and the pool was too! Beautiful views, too.

Casacolores Apartment

Montezuma, Costa Rica

Such a cute place. It's a bit far from town. We didn't have a car and it's a bit of a scary hike down a treacherous road. Definitely needed to taxi back. But, the little apartments are wonderful. Ruben was also really helpful in helping us navigate town -- what to do, where to go, etc.

Arenal Hostel Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

This hostel was pretty average, but the staff were not helpful at all. They were interested primarily in your money and had connections with tour and transportation companies in town, which meant that the advice they gave us was biased toward these companies. Staff was at times out right rude.

Hostel Urbano

San Jose, Costa Rica

The staff was great -- knowledgable and very willing to assist. The private room location was kind of awkward -- right in the middle of the common space.

Thank you for your comments! We try our best to ensure that our guests are comfortable, this is why certain common areas are closed after 22pm.