Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel was perfect and so clean and comfortable. I couldn't recommend it more. The staff were friendly and helpful, the bathrooms really clean. The only downside was it was a decent walk from the city centre, but it is in a great spot if you are willing to spend money for public transport.

• 20th May 2014

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

The hostel is in a great location and has a great bar, but don't expect to keep all your stuff if you stay here. We stayed in the 50 bed dorm and there aren't enough lockers for everyone so we had to make do. Three people had items stolen while they were in the dorm and someone rifled through my clothes but found nothing worth stealing. When we notified staff they shrugged and said there was nothing they could do. Highly disappointing.

• 15th May 2014

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is in a great location, however the hallway carpet was completely soaked through and one of our bed lights wasn't working. We went to reception to notify them that something was leaking and if the light could be replaced and they said yes but didn't seem particularly phased. The next day nothing was done, we told a different member of staff and they said someone would fix it but by the time we checked out the next day no one had fixed it. The price is way too much for what you get.

• 12th May 2014

Good hostel but the bathrooms were filthy. I would recommend finding somewhere a bit cheaper, but in Paris you might be hard pressed for that.

• 5th May 2014

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

This is possible the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. It smelt like a urinal, there was virtually no security with no locking cupboards or lockers. The toilet and shower were filthy with mould everywhere. There was no hot water in the shower and never any toilet paper in the toilet. My room was next to the toilet and the walls are very thin. Unfortunately for me I could hear people in the toilet all night. Everytime someone shut a door in the hostel every other door would rattle. THE WORST.

• 24th Aug 2013

Im sorry you didnt enjoy your TWO night stay at our hostel. Had you voiced your concerns at the time we could have addressed them.The hostel has a coded door entry system on the main entrance and keys to each room. The code is changed regularly and each room has lockers. Most travellers caryy their own padlocks for the duration of their travels and they sell them at the shop across the road. The showers work perfectly and the toilets are checked and signed as such each hour with paper topped up.