Bird Nest Bacpackers

Lusaka, Zambia

Clean, very new facilities. A quiet, chill vibe. A small hostel, with several long-term guests that give it a homey feel.

Jollyboys Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

The atmosphere was great... very chilled, with a pillow pit to relax in after walking around the falls. The staff was available to answer questions, but I didn't find them overly friendly or enthusiastic. It was the clients job to actively pursue information. The week I was there, there weren't many solo travelers, but a lot of big groups.

Brown Sugar Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

Overall, very pleased. Very nice facilities, and the optional dinners were very tasty.

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

Cape Town Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

Overall, a good experience. The buildings are clean and interesting, and the staff was relatively friendly and helpful. Much cheaper than other hostels in the area, and overall experience was comparable to other hostels I've stayed in in Europe and Latin America.

Hi, thanks for the review, its nice to know we are doing the right thing!

Costa Rica Backpackers

San Jose, Costa Rica

I had organized an airport pickup, and that somehow fell through. Besides that, I found my stay comfortable. I ended up leaving a day early, and they gave me a voucher for a night if I return to San Jose. The kitchen was well stocked with cooking utensils, and it was kept very clean. The other guests were the best part of this hostel, and the relaxed atmosphere really facilitated getting to know other people.