Suites DF Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was super knowledgeable and helpful with directions on suggestions. The multiple common spaces mean meeting other travelers is easy.

Hostal Santo Domingo

Puebla, Mexico

Enjoyed my one night there, staff were very informative and kind. Hot showers.

Osa Mariposa

Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Super chilled atmosphere, and a restaurants/bar. Close to the beach, but far from town and any amenities. Staff seemed more interested in their phones or flirting with each other than helping guests.

Casa Angel Youth Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

Smart dorms are clean and tidy. The door is always locked, but during the day staff are attentive to guests coming back. Hot, made to order eggs along with the usual cereal, fruit, and coffee.

Rossco Backpackers Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Overall enjoyed my stay. They say they have hot water, and they do, and it is amazing. San cristobal can get chilly at night, but they make sure everyone has heavy blankets.

Viatger Inn

Campeche, Mexico

Brand new hostel, with nice beds that each have a lamp and plug. Hammocks in the back are great to beat the heat for a siesta. When I was there it was very quiet, which made meeting people difficult. Good for a stop over between long bus rides.

Merida, Mexico

Overall very clean, pool was beautiful, and staff were helpful. The cooking classes were fantastic.

Beds Friends Hostel

Cozumel, Mexico

Brand new, and great hostel. Very chilled, with hammocks and lounge chairs in the common garden. Rooms have some of the best hostel beds I've ever slept on, and powerful AC. Really enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend.

Amigo! Nice to hear from you and especially that you liked our beds. See you soon in our little paradise

Hostel Che

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

The 3 cenotes snorkeling tour was the highlight of my trip!! Such a good time diving through tunnels and arches that I never would have found or felt safe exploring without a guide. So much better than just going to swim. 110% worth the 450 pesos.

Hostel Quetzal

Cancun, Mexico

I found the front desk staff gruff and unfriendly. The woman who made breakfast was kind, and the bartender made an effort to get to know the guests. Its a good atmosphere, very easy to meet other travelers.

We are making changes in our front desk staff. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and met many fun travellers. Our pool is open now which should put a smile on everyones face. Saludos

Bird Nest Bacpackers

Lusaka, Zambia

Clean, very new facilities. A quiet, chill vibe. A small hostel, with several long-term guests that give it a homey feel.

Jollyboys Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

The atmosphere was great... very chilled, with a pillow pit to relax in after walking around the falls. The staff was available to answer questions, but I didn't find them overly friendly or enthusiastic. It was the clients job to actively pursue information. The week I was there, there weren't many solo travelers, but a lot of big groups.

Brown Sugar Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

Overall, very pleased. Very nice facilities, and the optional dinners were very tasty.

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

Cape Town Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

Overall, a good experience. The buildings are clean and interesting, and the staff was relatively friendly and helpful. Much cheaper than other hostels in the area, and overall experience was comparable to other hostels I've stayed in in Europe and Latin America.

Hi, thanks for the review, its nice to know we are doing the right thing!

Costa Rica Backpackers

San Jose, Costa Rica

I had organized an airport pickup, and that somehow fell through. Besides that, I found my stay comfortable. I ended up leaving a day early, and they gave me a voucher for a night if I return to San Jose. The kitchen was well stocked with cooking utensils, and it was kept very clean. The other guests were the best part of this hostel, and the relaxed atmosphere really facilitated getting to know other people.