• Canada, Female, 18-24
Hostel Gastama, Lille, France
24th Aug 2013

Loved loved loved Gastama. Stay here! I was with friends, but I think it would be good on your own as well. The rooms were clean and massive with privacy curtains on each bed which is such a nice touch. Staff were all outstanding. They even have 4 public computers for those who don't have a laptop or a tablet.The common room is quite welcoming and spacious. It was also quite the happening place on Saturday night. I enjoyed my stay so much that I decided to stay an extra day. Thank you Gastama!!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
Bob's Youth Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7.4
19th Aug 2013

I was traveling alone, and I found Bob's to be a bit intimidating, especially the common area which is quite small (but cosy). I think I would have felt better about it if I had a companion with me. However, I was happy with the rooms, beds, lockers, bathrooms, and showers. The staff were generally quite friendly and helpful as well. The breakfast wasn't overly great, but it definitely was a bonus.