Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

This was the best hostel I stayed at so far. I liked the atmosphere, the no-shoes policy, there was nothing missing from being comfortable here. In addition to free breakfast, Brad made amazing pasta dinner once a week and cares a lot to show people DC (night lights tour, pub crawls). People staying here actually talk to each other and have a lot of fun without annoying the others. The towels, sheets etc were nice and clean, the dorms and bathrooms too.

• 3rd Jul 2013

Capital View

Washington DC, USA

The person at the front desk (not even gave me his name) was kind of rude, told me to take off my shoes before I could even put my stuff down. I like shoes-free hostels and have already stayed in one, but that kind of tone was not acceptable for me.

• 2nd Jul 2013

hey there, We're sorry you thought the tone was rude. We simply greet folks, and ask them to take their shoes off and let them know that they receive FREE slippers for the duration of their stay. It seems like a fair exchange, and would be nice if you had mentioned that =) thanks

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

The first proper shower (water pressure; girl with long, thick hair) I've had in North America! It's very, very clean and the staff is great. I also like the bar&lounge they have. Can't complain.

• 26th Jun 2013