Birmingham Central Backpackers, Birmingham, England
7.4
19th Jun 2014

My padlock didn't fit the lockers and they had none on hand at the desk. So make sure you have a small padlock that can fit a narrow hole. Location doesn't look great, but it's a very short walk from the main road. Nothing was too luxurious but I got what I needed. Free breakfast was appreciated greatly.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
International Budget Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7.7
17th Feb 2014

Had some minor issues with the key card, but these little slip ups can be expected when going for somewhere cheap. Other than some waiting around on arrival and check-out, we got what we needed - comfortable bed, clean hot showers, lockers, etc. Staff were patient and helpful. The smell from the smoking room was noticeable in the halls, thankfully not in the rooms. Good place to stay, but I wouldn't hang out there for too long. Thanks for everything.

Derry City Independent Hostel, Derry, Northern Ireland
7.4
28th Sep 2013

Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8th Jul 2013

Got all the necessities: quiet room, spacious lockers (with padlocks available to buy), and clean bathrooms with more than enough facilities. I was pleased with the quality of the free breakfast. Wi-fi was rather slow in the rooms, as we were advised, but it was usable. Quite a large hostel with many groups, so there wasn't much talking to other guests or getting to know people. But for a place to sleep, shower, and get breakfast, it was definitely satisfactory. I was happy with what I got.

Thank you for your review and rating! Great to hear that your stay was definitely satisfactory! We have different kind of group of friends staying over, you could meet people during the Free walking tour or at our patio, lobby, tvroom or breakfast room. Great to hear that you had a happy stay in our hostel :) Kind Regards, Anna Stayokay Stadsdoelen