• Canada, Female, 31-40
HI San Francisco - Downtown, San Francisco, USA
3rd Sep 2015

4.0
6th Jul 2013

I regret for staying at this hostel. Although it was not the worst hostel in the world, but it was certainly one of the dirtiest. There was no bathroom on the third floor, which made it really inconvenient to travel to the first floor, having to pass by the common area, to take a shower. The rooms were also dirty. There was dust everywhere right by my bed. The room/hostel smelled awful. There was only one outlet behind someone else's bed in the entire room. There are much better hostels in Tokyo

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback, too. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience partly caused by the lack of explanation. Each floor except the 3rd floor has at least one shower, so you do not have to come to the 1st floor to take a shower. Also, each bed in dorms has its own outlet behind the reading light. We will try to do our best to improve the problems you kindly pointed out. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you very much again.

Kyoya Ryokan, Nagoya, Japan
3rd Jul 2013

This was the best hostel I stayed at while in Japan. The manager is extremely nice and friendly. He even offered me a private room when I asked for a female dorm room instead of a mixed room. The bath facilities in the hotel certainly adds to my Japan experiences. Although the walk with luggage is a bit far from the Nagoya station, the directions to the hostel are extremely clear and I had no trouble getting there on a bus!

30th Jun 2013

K's house was by far the best hostel I stayed at while in Tokyo (I stayed at a total of three hostels). It was a bit small and could be crowded when every guest was hanging out in the common area; however, the close location to the subway Oedo line station (like 30 seconds away) compensates for it. There is also a toilet and a sink in the dormroom, which makes it convenient. I would certainly stay at K's house again if I ever come back to Tokyo!

Thank you very much for your comment.We are very happy to hear that!! We are looking forward to seeing you again!