Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

Staff: some were extremly friendly, but others extremely rude. When asked if I could have a lower instead of an upper bed (because a small accident happened to me already) the guy in the reception didn't really give attention to my demand (which was kind of very simple) and said it was simply not possible. I want to maybe accentuate at this place that upper beds do NOT have any security grid, i.e. one can falls freely down to the floor when moving too much during the night.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Everton Hostel

Liverpool, England

The hostel is far from the city centre, which is specially annoying when it rains because you will have to take a taxi (4 pounds) or stay in the hostel (which is not the objective of a trip I suppose). Breakfast was really nice and coffee, tea and hot chocolate was always free available. Concerning the atmosphere, it was a bit strange, there were many people that were staying in the hostel to search for a job, so not only travellers... but good value for money!

• 27th Jul 2013

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

We were 16 in a room without windows (only small upper windows that couldnt close), I was a bit afraid of the stale air. The kitchen (which was the community room) was closed, leaving several travellers somewhere in the entrance. No wifi from the rooms and breakfast was quite poor and each day something was missing. It is supposesed to go from 8-10AM but once we arrived at 9.20AM and there was nothing (no bread or cereal) to eat, only coffee and tea.

• 23rd Jul 2013