Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 29

HI-Lake Louise

Banff, Canada

- Rooms are extremely small. - Showers are extremely small, where to put ones toiletries? And no toilets with the shower? I'd prefer that than ensuite toilet in all rooms, which are not unlike public toilets in terms of cleanliness. - The hostel seems more of a stop off for passing motorcyclists. Or was it coincidence that there were 3 in my room the 2 nights I stayed? Odd.

• 12th Sep 2014

One of the better hostels I've ever stayed at. While not in the centre of Tokyo, a subway station is a 5-10min walk away. The location suited me personally due to its proximity to connections with Narita. The staff are excellent, so willing to help with sightseeing and getting about. The place is spotless (like most of Japan). I had an ensuite toilet and basin which is very handy. Aircon in the room, large under-bed lockable drawer etc I can't stress enough how great this place is.

• 30th Jun 2013

Hostel is described on their website as utilitarian, and this is spot on so don't go there expecting frills. Only gripe was that the room was very warm and not well ventilated. While each bed had a fan beside it, fact remains that 4 guys in small room gets pretty damn stuffy. Otherwise a clean, simple stay.

• 29th Jun 2013