Location USA, Gender Female, Age 37

Old Town Hostel East Wing, Kotor, Montenegro
23rd Jul 2016

This hostel is in a really cool part of Kotor! It's magical. We had a private room. The AC worked well and the decorations were a nice touch. My only complaint was that the bed was a bit hard and the noises outside the hostel went late into the night with music from nearby and pub goers yelling in the street, but it's a hostel after all. The highlight of the hostel though was the staff. They were helpful, funny, personable and knowledgable.

Gorge View, Niagara Falls, USA
21st Nov 2015

Great place to stay!

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We are happy it was a good one and we'll keep working to improve it in the future! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

5.7
18th Nov 2015

This hostel is in a pretty good location but still feels like a hotel converted to a hostel without the feel of a traveler's base.

Nomad's GH Hostel, Almaty, Kazakhstan
30th Apr 2015

This is a new hostel. The beds and linens are new and very comfortable. It is located in a great part of town and is near many bus lines. The staff speaks a little English :) However, the shower didn't have much water pressure and it was a bit lonely as an english speaking traveler. My roommates were older women from a neighboring country on a business trip. They were nice but it wasn't the backpacking experience I am used to (maybe that is because Kazakhstan doesn't have many tourists yet).

Clink78, London, England
6.9
3rd Oct 2014

The hostel is a neat place to stay. They've kept the courhouse atmosphere, leaving the old courtrooms as lounges and some of the cells as hostel rooms. Very cute idea. But there are so many people as this is a very large hostel. You do get the feeling that you are just being stuffed into your room and shuffled through.

Astor Queensway, London, England
27th Sep 2014

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff do such a good job at making sure everyone has a good time and provide opportunities for solo travelers to meet other people. Felt like I left a bunch of friends when I checked out. Thanks for the great stay!

• USA, Female, 25-30
No.8 Tottenham, London, England
4.9
24th Sep 2014

The few bathrooms they have are quite filthy and they staff is hands off as far as the hostel goes. They pretty much keep the bar going downstairs and that's it.

No.8 Tottenham, London, England
5.1
8th Sep 2014

Soon after I arrived, the hostel added more beds to the rooms which greatly impacted the atmosphere of the hostel. There are only three bathrooms and 30+ people, so it's hard to shower in the busy mornings. Also, while the poster on the bathroom wall says they are cleaned 3x a day, they are only cleaned in the morning. It is disgusting by nighttime and often one is out of paper. I brought my own paper and soap and took showers after noon. Also plan about an hour each way to central London.

Smart Stay Berlin City, Berlin, Germany
9th Jul 2014

Incredibly comfortable stay

The Phoenix Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
21st May 2014

This is a perfect place to stay if you are looking for a one night stay close to the airport.

Aoi Garden Home, Chiang Mai, Thailand
13th May 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay with a great environment that is both peaceful and encourages meeting other travelers. My only complaint would be about a lack of air-conditioning. With only an oscillating fan, it was some nights difficult to sleep.

Gongkaew Chiangmai Home, Chiang Mai, Thailand
7.7
8th May 2014

This is a beautiful, peaceful place to stay. The garden is lovely and the staff is friendly. The beds are not terrible comfortable but the air-conditioning works well.

Central Backpackers Hostel, Luang Prabang, Laos
4th May 2014

I stayed in a beautiful private room at a great price. The bed was huge and comfortable. The room included a toilet and shower, an air-conditioner, window that opened (sadly no screen so I left it shut). The hostel is in a great location, not a far walk at all to the night market and Main Street or the fun street with Utopia and the bookshop/ free movie place :) Also, I was taking off before free breakfast, but the staff was nice enough to bring me some bread in a to-go box. Very sweet!

Vang Vieng Boutique Resort, Vang Vieng, Laos
29th Apr 2014

The hotel is set in a beautiful garden and my room was lovely - clean and a good size. The only recommendation I would have to improve the overall experience is to provide internet in the rooms as well as the common area. The common area is a covered space outdoors and the insects in Laos are no joke. It would have been nice to be able to relax in the comfort of my bug-free air-conditioned room while online.

LPQ Backpackers Hostel, Luang Prabang, Laos
24th Apr 2014

Great hostel, nice staff, nice free breakfast. Rooms were air-conditioned and there is a ceiling fan blankets are cozy. There were only a couple of irksome things about the place. Beds and lockers are made out of noisy aluminum (?) so it sounds like radio thunder every time someone gets in or out of bed. There was no soap in the bathroom while I was staying there but there was a soap dispenser so. . . a little soap can keep a whole lot of people from getting sick. Just saying.

Little Hanoi Diamond, Hanoi, Vietnam
18th Apr 2014

The staff at this hostel are great and the location is wonderful. I felt safe here and well cared for. The only reason I marked it down slightly is due to a lack of common room and the mold that covered the ceiling in the upstairs bathroom.

Me Mates Villa, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
9th Apr 2014

The staff here were excellent at helping me book day trips and finding my way around the city

Siam Journey Guesthouse, Bangkok, Thailand
4th Apr 2014

I thought everything at this hostel was great - the pool, the food at the cafe, the beds and lockers. The only suggestions I have for improvements are to better clean the floors in the dorm rooms and provide soap in the bathrooms. The tours could also be a bit better. Some of the people in my group weren't told the length of the tour and were unprepared to be out in the heat for 7 hours. They actually left early with our driver without telling us, leaving us stranded.

Thank you for the mostly kind words... But unfortunately, you have us mixed up with another guesthouse. We do not have a pool(But I wish we did!), or a cafe. But we do supply soap for our bathrooms, and I think our floors are nice and shiny. As for the tour, I'm sorry that they left you stranded out there in the heat. Good luck with the rest of your travels!

Anne Hostel Asakusabashi, Tokyo, Japan
1st Apr 2014

I stayed here twice. Once in the mixed dorm and once in the three person traditional room with mats on the floor. While I highly recommend the dorm because it offers all you need for comfort, I don't recommend the other option. Walls are made of paper and it's right next to the kitchen and other rooms so you never have quiet. Sleeping on the floor is not more comfortable than in a bunk bed with your own curtain and light and outlets.

Green Guest House, Kagoshima, Japan
21st Mar 2014

Loved my stay here! Thanks so much.

Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya, Kumamoto Shi, Japan
18th Mar 2014

This place is one of my favorite places to stay in Japan. We went on the staff led night tour and had a magical time- honestly, our guide left room in the tour for us to explore and be surprised by the serendipity of life. It was great.

1st Feb 2014

This place was wonderful. I was staying here as a base before and after the Routeburn Track hike. It was perfect for this. Laundry facility and storage lockers while I was away on the hike. I met some really great people here and wish I could have stayed longer. I gave it a lower rating on security because there wasn't really any. We had locks for our doors but we often left it unlocked because we felt our things were safe. There are no lockers in the rooms. Wi-fi could be better. You get 1 hr

Koa Wood Hale, Kailua-Kona, USA
30th Dec 2013

This hostel has a wonderful home-like feel to it, and with three kitchens it never feels over-crowded. The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. It feels like you are staying with old friends. Loved it!

18th Dec 2013

This place has a nice courtyard where people hang in the hammocks and tables to eat at. The kitchen is pretty small and has bugs. My cereal didn't last a day in the cupboard before it was infested :( The rooms were spacious and had lockers.

6.0
3rd Dec 2013

The overall atmosphere of the hostel in naturally relaxed and security isn't really necessary. I was disappointed that my room of about 10 people was sharing one bathroom. Made for some frustrating moments in the morning as we all waited for people to finish their showers. Some sort of organized tours would also be very nice, as it's hard to get around the island without a car. Also laundry service would be nice.

Mahalo for your comments. We do not usually book more that 7 girls in the 10 bed dorm, just for that reason. We also have an extra bathroom downstairs. We have a total of 6 bathrooms on the property. I am sorry that your 1 night you spent with us you were not more well informed about the extra bathrooms. The island has a very good bus service for people willing to travel that way. Laundry is available just a block away at the 24 hour Kapaa Laundry. Hope your future travels are better for you:)

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel, San Francisco, USA
2nd Dec 2013

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Loved the curtains, lighting fixtures, and shelves for each bunk. The common room was comfortable and a great place to meet people. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Arthy's Guesthouse, La Paz, Bolivia
17th Nov 2013

While I didn't feel particularly safe anywhere outside in the city of LaPaz, this hostel was a safe, clean, friendly place to come home to. There is a very nice common room with hundreds of movies to choose from, food items for sale, a clean kitchen, very good security, and helpful staff who speak English as well as Spanish. I enjoyed my time at the hostel very much.

Pause, Caye Caulker, Belize
7.7
8th Oct 2013

The owner is a very sweet woman who cares a lot about animals. There are a ton of cats and dogs on the property but they are mild tempered and not at all near the sleeping quarters. There is no kitchen to use and there is only cold water in the shower, but that seems common on the island. Some more attention could be paid to the condition of the room. There is a lot of water damage and some mold. But that is really the only complaint. I felt safe there and had a great time!

Firehouse Hostel, Austin, USA
30th Sep 2013

Big Apple Hostel, New York, USA
6.3
11th Aug 2013

Q4 Hotel, New York, USA
9th Aug 2013

Very nice hostel, easy to get to anywhere from here as it is right by the subway. Really comfortable louge and kitchen area.

Q4 Hotel, New York, USA
6th Aug 2013

This is a great new looking hostel with a modern vibe and a lot of room to hang out to meet people, clean rooms with showers and restrooms in the rooms, a great kitchen, and friendly staff. There is a grocery store within walking distance (I am a female traveling alone and feIt safe walking around). It is also really easy to get to the subway from there. I stayed a few nights at the Big Apple Hostel in Time Square and regretted it. I wish I'd stayed at Q4 my entire stay in New York.

Hostel Buffalo Niagara, Buffalo, USA
5.4
3rd Aug 2013

There was an incredible amount of noise. They are ripping up the street in front of the building and work on it at all hours and because the bathrooms are in the hall instead of in the rooms, doors slam throughout the night (there seems to be no way to shut them softly due the the locking mechanism). Also, I think my bed was glued together because it creaked like an old ship whenever I rolled over. People sleeping in rooms on the other side of the building had an easier time sleeping.

21st Jul 2013

I immediately felt welcome and comfortable at Spenard. The staff was fun, informative, friendly, and curteous. My fellow travelers and I all remarked that this is one of the best hostels we've ever stayed in.

We think it's one of the best hostels we've ever stayed in, too, but as we live and work here, we're a little biased. ;)