Location: South Korea, Gender: Male, Age: 26

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

There is one very important thing that people have to keep in mind, which is the basement floor. I stayed 5 nights in the room L5, which is in the lower floor. It's literally in the basement where windows can't be opened. The air is bad since the only way for the air to circulate is through the AC and there were cockroaches on the floor... Other fellow travelers I met there who stayed upstairs didn't have this problem though. It's probably a very bad idea for humans to live in the basement.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • South Korea

We're sorry for the inconvenience you may have had with us! Chicago Getaway Hostel takes our guest's needs very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel and we will work towards fixing any future problems we may have with our lower levels. We are working on air circulation units to prevent any inconvenience. Thank you, Mat Meadows General Manager

IHSP French Quarter House

New Orleans, USA

The best thing about this hostel is probably the location. It's in the French quarter, perhaps the only thing that matters in New Orleans. The staff were very kind and it's a good atmosphere to get to know fellow travelers.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

It's in the french quarter, the only place that matters in New Orleans. Easy to get around the places in the area.

• 26th Jul 2015

HI - Austin Hostel

Austin, USA

I liked everything about this hostel. It's by the river and I liked jogging along it in the morning.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

It was cheap and I liked it. Don't expect much!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

I overall really enjoyed the hostel. They give you free breakfast and dinner and they are different everyday which is very different from other hostels I stayed in. It's very drinking and smoking friendly (of course not indoors)

• 13th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

It's very close to the beach. I liked that. It's a bit pricy though like any other hostels in LA. The thing that bothered me most was that I am not allowed to drink alcohol inside the hostel. I should have known that HI (Hosteling International) hostels have no alcohol drinking allowed policy.

• 8th Jul 2015

Banana Bungalow Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

The most important thing you have to keep in mind before booking this hostel is that it is a party hostel. There a lot of activities involving a high volume of booze. I personally liked it because it's one of the reasons why I booked it. It's a bit pricy though but hostels in LA are generally expensive.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

The only elevator is very slow. I bet it was made 100 years ago. It wasn't so clean as far as I remember. This hostel is pretty close to the Tenderloin, arguably the most dangerous place in San Fran but it's fairly easy to avoid. I have no idea why I got this information from other tourists rather than the staff in the beginning.

• 28th Jun 2015

AAE Portland Downtown

Portland, USA

Everyone knows that this hostel is poor but I had no other choices since there aren't many hostels in Portland.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

I really enjoyed the hostel. The location makes it easier to get to places. The huge locker beneath the bed lets me to store things safely. The best thing was the activities organized by the staff every day. Since I was travelling alone, I really appreciated them.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • South Korea

I liked it! there were tourists from everywhere and I really enjoyed the atmosphere.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Lazy Gaga Hostel

Guangzhou, China

Nice hostel! kind staff!

• 20th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you Taewoon. One day is surely not enough in Guangzhou. We'll try every way to keep you stay for longer time when you're back to GZ next time. ;>

Jockey Club Mt. Davis Youth Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It wasn't so bad but the location is too far away from the downtown. For I value the location most, it was a bit hard for me.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you for your comment. We offer free shuttle bus running between hostel to downtown 19 times a day for free. The route of the shuttle busonly takes 15-20 mintues. We are located at one of the best view of the mountain than you can hardly find in Hong Kong city. We hope you enjoy staying at our hostel and see you again next time. Regards MD, HKYHA

First Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

This is one of the best hostels I have visited! certainly loved it. The staff were so kind.

• 14th Feb 2014

The Walrus Hostel

The staff are incredibly kind here. The location is awesome

• 28th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

I really enjoyed my time here!

• 25th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Great! Come back next time you are in Paris!

Coroleuhouse-BCN

Barcelona, Spain

I wouldn't really recommend this place if you are traveling alone. Somehow I didn't get to hang out with many people here.

• 21st Aug 2013

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Giovanni is a great person. AC is on 24/7 which is really great in a hot place like Italy

• 18th Aug 2013

Diamond B&B

Rome, Italy

This hostel was freaking hot

• 15th Aug 2013

Ciao Hostel

Florence, Italy

I met many good people here

• 13th Aug 2013

Camping Rialto

Venice, Italy

It's a camping site

• 12th Aug 2013

Hostel Galla

Milan, Italy

I don't remember much about it

• 11th Aug 2013

The Tent Munich

Munich, Germany

The Tent is awesome!

• 7th Aug 2013

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

normal. I didn't like the location much

• 5th Aug 2013

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

nice hostel! I love Berlin

• 3rd Aug 2013

MEININGER Frankfurt/Main Messe

Frankfurt, Germany

I don't remember much of the hostel cuz I didn't like frankfurt

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • South Korea

That is too bad to hear. We hope that the rest of your journey was better. Maybe we will be able to welcome you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels or on facebook ;) Cheers

there wasn't anything special about the hosel.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Dear Guest, we are sorry you didn't find anything special....indeed we always have one weekly special, special atmosphere in our bar and last but not least a special staff that takes care of you :-)

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

it's all good except that it's a bit expensive and that it's a bit far away from the city center. the breakfast is really good and the price of it is reasonable.

• 28th Jul 2013
  • South Korea

I really liked its location !

• 26th Jul 2013

Rut & Ragnars Hostel

Malmo, Sweden

There is nothing special about the hostel

• 25th Jul 2013

Langholmens Vandrarhem STF/HI

Stockholm, Sweden

A bit far from the central station. I didn't know I have to pay extra for bed sheets..

• 24th Jul 2013

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The best thing about this hostel is its location. Very close to the blue mosque and hagia sofia, you can easily walk around. One of the staff is very kind and speaks English very well (I forgot his name). Also a van for the two airports in Istanbul comes and picks you up every morning (costs 30 Turkish Lira), which I found very useful.

• 20th Jul 2013