Funky Fes, Fez, Morocco
12th Sep 2013

I had a very good time at Funky Fez. The staff are really friendly and helpful and one even went out of his way to go to the train station and purchase a bus ticket for me when I was unable to do so online. Great free breakfast in the morning and good menu on offer for lunch and dinner. The rooms have air con and there was a nice rooftop to hang out, meet others and enjoy the scenery. I would definitely reccommend this hostel!

Wombats City Hostel Munich, Munich, Germany
28th Aug 2013

Wombats had all the basics of a big chain hostel. They had a decent bar, and the welcome drink was nice. Great location. It did the job for a one night stay, but I didn't think it was worth $30 a night, especially considering I had to make my own bed. The staff was pleasant but didn't offer any information unless you specifically asked. I personally enjoy staying in hostels that provide a more warm and welcoming feel.

Mandarin Hostel Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
26th Jun 2013

This place was awful from the moment I walked in the door. Waited for 10 min before anyone buzzed me in upon arrival, reception was a rude 70 year old man who demanded more money than what my balance on arrival stated from Hostelworld, when I asked why he started raising his voice saying that I need to read the hostel conditions, since I was staying for 1 night there was a $2 surcharge. Key to my locker was busted, no toilet paper in any of the 3 bathrooms, no one told me of facilities offered.