A&O Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof

Dusseldorf, Germany

Not a bad place really, but more like a hotel than a hostel which I prefer. I picked the place due to the cost more than anything and can't complain, would use them again, but nothing special either

Ciarus

Strasbourg, France

Only here for one night nut the place seemed nice. It was clean and secure, not too far from the centre, and the staff were multi-lingual, helpful, and friendly.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

Really enjoyed this hostel! The staff were good, the rooms were as advertised and not too crowded or stuffy, the bar was fun, and I met some really fantastic people here. I possibly ended up spending too much time in the bar and not enough actually out in Munich so that should say something!

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

By far the best hostel I stayed in! 12 person rooms may not be to everyone's taste but the staff here were so fantastic, and the atmosphere in general was so good I would definitely stay here again! Met some cool people in the rooms and loads in the bar! Hat tip to the Croatian barman; he was a real good laugh and got everyone talking to each other. He got my name wrong solidly for 2 days but it was maybe my fault, after 30 mins I felt bad correcting him and just went along with it.

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

Wasn't here too long but it was a nice hostel: really friendly staff, good people there, and well priced.

Central Hotel 21

Budapest, Hungary

More of a hotel than a hostel (the clue is in the name, don't just assume it's a hostel just because of the website :-P )but it was a good place to stay and the end of a night. I liked the area although it may not be to everyone's tastes as you;re 10-15 mins from them main tourist areas, although if you explore the area around the hostel a bit you'll find plenty of great stuff regardless

Goodnight Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's a nice place generally, but not like most other hostels as it has no common area to meet other guests, just your bunk rooms so maybe not the best for solo travelers. Sebastian was really friendly and helpful and the place is nice enough, just don't expect a traditional style hostel. The area it is in is quite nice, although some distance from the centre (there's a tram outside so not too much of a problem) but pretty much backs onto the Vondelpark so it depends what you're looking for.

Boomerang Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

interesting place with a really unique feel. May not be for everyone but I enjoyed it and easy to get talking to people in the common area. Can be slightly loud though, not so much a problem for me as I wanted to be up with people until the early hours, but for others that could get annoying.

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel