Location: Canada,

Old Town Lagos Hostel

Lagos, Portugal

What I really liked about this hostel was the activities they had to suggest, as well as the location and the atmostphere. My only problem was the terrible welcome we got upon arrival. It´s true that arriving at 5:30am is less than ideal, but we can´t be the first people to arrive in Lagos on an overnight bus, and were not asking to check in, just to leave our backpacks. We were criticized and made to feel very guilty even after apologizing. Other than that it was a nice stay, I´d recommend it

• 23rd Jul 2013

In 4 years of working in Hostels in Lagos i never had a booking coming to check in 10.00 hours before check in time, plus we could have denied you access to the Hostel, you did not want to leave the bags in the Hostel, you asked if you could sleep in the commun room, that we did after feeling sorry for you and your friend trying to sleep in the small reception couch. This is the reason some Hostels dont even let people in during the night, even if we are nice, you always complain. Safe Travels.

Garden House Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This was a very nice hostel, the best thing about it was the location...very good, near the main square and on the main shopping street. The breakfast was good and the rooms were nice, as was the common room. The only thing I was a bit disappointed about was that there seemed to be a lot of older guests who kind of changed the vibe, for example going to bed before 10pm so we had to be really quiet. Maybe this was just in my room. Other than that it was really nice, take the walking tour!

• 20th Jul 2013

I´ve stayed at a lot of hostels over the years and I have to say this has been one of the best! The staff is AMAZING - Manuel and Ana in particular! My travel partner was not always the easiest guest but they were so patient and helpful. Also the breakfast is the best of any free hostel breakfast...delicious! The location is great, the building is gorgeous, huge lockers in the room, nice common areas...I have nothing bad to say!

• 18th Jul 2013