Reviews: madeleinestokes6155

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 21

Phoenix Hostel

This place was fine for a budget hostel - the staff were extremely helpful and I felt safe. The 6 bed dorm was extremely cramped and I felt quite claustrophobic in there for two nights. I have heard that London hostels in general have very small rooms so perhaps that's just something you're meant to put up with.

¿Por que tenho tequila em minhas meias? ...love you guys!! I'll be back.

Comedias I

Valencia, Spain

This apartment was perfect for us... It is modern, homey and had great facilities. Originally there was an issue and we were double booked, although the staff were extremely apologetic and after the other party cancelled we were able to stay there. I thoroughly recommend this place. Just one thing: don't be fooled by the photos, it has only one bedroom not two, the other bed is a sofa couch.

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

Had a great stay at meininger. The kitchen and eating area is fantastic and the bar is really nice. Had no problems during my stay. Not entirely sure how safe the neighbourhood is around there, but I didn't encounter anything bad. Ladies maybe don't walk around there by yourself after dark. Also, the directions aren't very clear on the hostel world page... Although I emailed them and received much clearer instructions.

Travel Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Considering hostels everywhere in Amsterdam are quite expensive I suppose this was okay because it was clean enough. There isn't much to say about it, there are narrow stairs and no lift, one of the staff was quite unhelpful and the bar area was dingy and weird. But it's in a good location and I didn't have any issues with beds, bathrooms etc. Hard to justify spending 20€ a night though.

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Best shower I've had whilst travelling. The bathrooms were luxurious and the dorms spacious with proper beds not bunks. This is a very cool colourful place with a nice outdoor patio/indoor bar area. Great for meeting people... If you're a young solo traveller- definitely go here! A 5 min walk from one of the main train/metro stations too.

Blind Eye Hostel & Guest House

Prague, Czech Republic

Probably my favourite hostel so far. The staff are really friendly and will go out of their way to make you at home. Free t shirts, free tea and coffee, free breakfast. It's just out of the way enough to not be noisy, but very close to the tram which takes you to the old town in 3 stops. Great for meeting people... Go here! It's ideal

Paraga Beach Hostel

Mykonos, Greece

Stayed in a mixed dorm/cabin thing for most of our stay which was great, but came back for one night before our flight Mykonos - Berlin and stayed in a 2-person bungalow. Got absolutely eaten alive mossies and could feel every single wooden slat through the thin mattress. Definitely stay at paraga but DON'T do the private bungalows. I would had absolutely hated it if I was staying in that thing for any longer than a night... I think it would have ruined my trip.

Paraga Beach Hostel

Mykonos, Greece

Paraga is a fine place to stay for young travellers looking to party. Our one big disappointment was that you have to pay for absolutely EVERYTHING... I mean its 5€ just to sit on a chair by the pool. You have to buy their expensive food to use wifi, pay to store luggage, etc... Just don't expect to get ANYTHING included in the price of staying here. It is very close to Paradise beach, which is good but bring ear plugs to sleep. Nice vibe though and good for meeting fellow travellers.

Hostel Zeus

Athens, Greece

We didn't actually stay at Hostel Zeus despite having booked a week prior... Upon arrival we were told there was no room for us and we were forced to take the metro to a different hostel which was further away from the sites. As a result we didn't get around to seeing anything. I guess you can't expect much for 8€ a night, but why we weren't at least emailed prior (how hard is that) letting us know of the change, I don't know. This also happened to some other travellers we met, so be aware.

Home Friends li

Rome, Italy

Don't go here!!! I got bitten by bed bugs all night and didn't get any sleep... Sheets obviously hadn't been changed and there were black hairs everywhere. When we arrived at 8.30am there was no one there to buzz us into the building, so we waited outside for 20 minutes. The host was awkward, unhelpful, unfriendly, and never there. The 'breakfast' was some crackers, a juice box and a packaged croissant thing that would cost about 2€. Only good thing is location, but even then Ivanhoe was better.

BE HONEST !PLEASE!! ANYWAY PEOPLE WHO STAYING WITH US SMILING ABOUT YOUR COMMENTS

La controra had a chilled out vibe which I really liked. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. We had a great time in the outdoor area having drinks, and there was plenty if space to hang out washing. Probably only downsides were that breakfast was pretty average and it's a bit of a walk to the historic centre and bay. Would definitely recommend it though, for any aged travellers. Thanks Controra for a lovely stay.

Ivanhoe Hostel

Rome, Italy

I've already reviewed this but recommend staying here, the hosts are great, it's in an awesome location and is cosy enough that you meet almost everyone else staying there. Free pasta and cocktails. Go there.

Ivanhoe Hostel

Rome, Italy

Had a great stay at Ivanhoe... Not only is it in a fantastic location (walking distance to just about everywhere), but I felt welcome and at home the entire time. Thank you to the hosts who helped us every day with places to go, cooked us free pasta, answered any of our requests and made us laugh. Only potential downside is that they play loud music until about midnight (although we didn't find it much of a problem), and the lockout 11am-4pm (again, we were out all day so this was fine).