City Hostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

Nice hostel. I was only there for a day but wished I could've stayed longer. Staff was friendly and the location is convenient to the main train station, the lake and other tourist sites. There's a kitchen on every floor and wifi in the rooms. Facilities are basic but very clean. They also provide a free transportation card that works on all public transportation for the length of your stay.

Lion Lodge Lucerne

Lucerne, Switzerland

Pretty average hostel. The supposedly clean sheets I got from the front desk were covered in hair. There's only one shower/toilet per gender per floor and the bathroom wasn't cleaned during the 2 nights I was there. The shower is also tiny with no space to change or dry off. There was one small kitchen for the whole hostel. However, the location is good, the hostel is safe and there were big lockers in the room.

Dear guest, Thanks for staying at the Lion Lodge. Sorry to hear your stay did not live up to your expectations. We take their poor rating und complaints against as such, in respect, that you have been our guest. We work hard to keep our HOSTEL in a clean and tidy condition and make your stay as pleasant as possible. Sorry that you have made such a bad experience. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels. Kind Regards, „the Lion Lodge Team“

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber

Zurich, Switzerland

This hostel is expensive, but it's still one of the cheaper options in Zurich. The location is convenient, the staff are really friendly and the rooms/bathrooms are clean. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here. 2 issues to note: They charge extra for sheets and the outer door is unlocked during reception hours. However, it's possible to enter the hostel hallways/bathrooms without walking past reception or using a key, which seems like a potential security problem.

Guesthouse Salzburg

Salzburg, Austria

I really liked this hostel. Comfy beds. The breakfast is the best I've had at a hostel. The location is great. A short walk to the old city and bus lines. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hostel was really clean. Only 2 minor issues: Wifi only works in the lobby which is frustrating, but the lobby is huge and the chairs are comfy so it's not that bad. Also, as other have noted, the ventilation in the 12 bed dorms is inadequate and the room does smell pretty funky.

I thought this hostel was great. It was clean, the staff was helpful, great wifi in the room and the beds are comfortable. It was also very convenient to have a bathroom in the room. The hostel is a little far from the city center but there's easy access by the subway system. Really great value for the money. I'd gladly stay here again

This place is awful. -tiny, dirty, smelled terrible -No kitchen and no common room, -Key card stopped working all the time -Not enough lockers or space in the room This was the worst hostel I've stayed in. You get what you pay for but this place felt like they didn't really care about guests/quality of stay. The slogan (sleep it off) says it all. If you're desperate for a place to crash for a few hours after the bar this could work. If you want to enjoy your stay, go elsewhere.

St Enoch Hotel

Glasgow, Scotland

Pretty good place to stay for a few nights. Not much atmosphere, no lockers in room, no common areas and the in-room bathroom was pretty moldy, but the location was good, sheets are clean and breakfast is included. All in all, it was a decent place to stay for a few days.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

This place is great. It has everything you could want from a hostel. Helpful and friendly staff, perfect location, clean facilities, power outlets and lockers by every bed, luggage storage room. The beds aren't the most comfortable but it was okay for a few nights. I would definitely stay here again.