Dancing Elephant - HQ

Koh Phangan, Thailand

The 40 bed dorm was FAR better than what I expected it to be after booking for the FMP. I would advise you get here early to get pick of the beds; the bottom bunks are like little caves. The atmosphere in the place is awesome and the staff look after everything you need. The bar turns into a street party at night with different games/events going on. A must stay for full moon party, definitely the best 5 nights of my trip.

• 17th Aug 2013

Blanco Beach Bar

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

You come to Phi Phi to party, if you don't then you shouldn't be staying on the beach. The view from the hostel is amazing, as is the food and drinks are priced well. Room was basic and no keys was my only real gripe. Music literally blares next door til 4am next door at Stones Bar making sleep impossible before then.

Bodega Phuket

Phuket, Thailand

A decent hostel in a good location of Patong which itself is a bit of a hole. Lock was broken on the bathroom which meant I got locked in for 30mins. Staff were generally great but sometimes a little self-centred. A great hostel considering location, but I expected something special seeing as though it has been voted best hostel which I just didnt see. Would recommend.

HI Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

HI have a reputation for good, clean hostels and this was no different. Would recommend staying here if you come to Siem Reap as location is walking distance from Pub Street but well away so you can escape the crowds if need be.

• 29th Jul 2013

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Shame I have to rate staff as poor - upon my second visit it became apparent that they just want to make money. They tried to charge me to leave baggage for 30mins, and they charge up to double for tours and buses - make sure you book them elsewhere. Staff could be rude depending on who you talk to and what mood they are in. Otherwise, good hostel, clean, and great location.

• 27th Jul 2013