Reviews: Jamesnat1604

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 31

MEININGER London Hyde Park

I had an excellent stay at Meininger London; clean rooms, good showers, helpful staff. A little lacking in atmosphere as it is also a venue/accomm for Scouts and the lounge area can be very overwhelmed by large groups at times

• 24th Jul 2014

Dear guest, thank you for this feedback. We really appreciate it. We are happy that you liked the hotel's cleanliness our staff and the atmosphere. Due to we are located in Baden-Powell-House, the former head office of the UK-Scout Association, we have a lot of Scouts traveling to London to visit us :-) We hope to see you again soon! Best regards, Your MEININGER Team

Astor Museum Inn

My room was in a separate building a few streets away so getting access to somethings was not difficult but less easy. The dorm was good close to the British museum and good tubr stops/buses. Best shower for the whole trip but was on ground floor and I was on the 4th. Didn't get to breakfast cos it was in the other building but the common room there was good if small. Clean and with great staff. I'll Def be staying again.

• 8th Jul 2014

London Eye Hostel

Only stayed one night out of three booked. Cramped hot shared dorm (12) and terrible showers/bathroom. Broken on my floor so had two showers servicing most of the hostel. Is near-ish to Lambeth North tube but expect a walk. Not a great place for wandering alone at night. Didn't have breakfast myself but other girls said it wasn't worth getting up for. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 5th Jul 2014

Great accommodation even if only one night. Distance from the city centre is the major drawback, not the place if you want to be in the centre of action. Brilliant bed, excellent bar/kitchen/dining room with great atmosphere. Better than Swiss cottage for facilities but further out.

• 4th Jul 2014

Gallery Hyde Park

Simple dorm. No coverings on Windows which were open to the main street so v noisy and bright. Location is awesome and for that reason is a great place to stay. Shower was a bit gross but not on a timer and good hot water. Kitchen/dining was tiny but good breakfast. Common room not very big. Great food/restaurant strip really close.

• 3rd Jul 2014

This was my first time staying alone in a hostel in my first week in London. Great bed in a 24 dorm... But very noisy with large school groups visiting. Wifi access and the common room spaces were great and staff very helpful. Nice and clean, limited toilets but plenty of showers even though they were on 30 second timer.

• 24th Jun 2014