El Alternativo

Medellin, Colombia

We(3 people) stayed in a 4 bed dorm - there was plenty of space and we had our own bathroom. We had a fantastic experience at El Alternativo. It is owned by a lovely, kind French couple who are starting a family and also living in the hostel. They were incredibly helpful and wanted nothing but for us to have a good experience. It is in the Poblado region, which is close to Zona Rosa and Parque Lleras - where a lot of tourists go for nightlife and restaurants. Can't do better for the price.

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Sleep in Heaven is such a cool hostel. We only stayed there for a night, but it was incredibly unique and the staff was wonderful. Definitely recommend it.

• 29th Oct 2013

Green Frog Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

They were incredibly friendly, efficient, and welcoming. I'm really glad we stayed with them during our time in Bucharest.

• 22nd Oct 2013

We do thank you !

Haris Youth Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Haris Youth Hostel - a family owned hostel - was such a cool place to stay. They had an incredible overlook of the city and the staff could not be nicer - in fact, the staff wanted to just talk when they weren't busy and even drove me to the airport the day I had to leave. It is on top of the hill, which is a good hike, but well worth it. I would recommend this place for anyone wanting to visit Sarajevo.

Kiss Hostel

Split, Croatia

The staff was really great, even though we showed up late. They didn't waste too much energy, so we only used the AC at night. Everything was really great, and its a perfect 10 minute stroll from the center of downtown. Will definitely stay there again. (And they have 3 refrigerators too!)