Arsenal Tavern Backpackers, London, England
5.1
5th Jul 2013

Room key didn't always open the door. Toilet lock was broken. The area is an absolute hole. It was boiling hot and we were sharing our room with loads of flies. There was a £10 deposit for the room key which wasn't mentioned on the site before booking. The age limit is 18-35 but this wasn't visible anywhere on the site before booking. This didn't affect me but it could be really distressing for someone arriving in London from further afield, especially because almost every hostel was full.

8.0
3rd Jul 2013

Loved the privacy curtains on each bed. I stayed in a room of 22 people but it felt like I had my own space. There were large groups of (possibly) schools visiting, so it was very loud and noisy, but once I was in bed I didn't really notice them. There's a decent bar with pool table. Would stay again if I was in the area.

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback, We apoligies about the noisy group, we try to keep them under control as much as posible but sometimes a few slip away without us seeing them We hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Reception

The Monkeys in the Trees, London, England
30th Jun 2013

The hostel had a great vibe about it - felt like a community.