Marlon's House Puno

Puno, Peru

Good breakfast nice to have a change from the normal bread and jam and great you can check in at anytime. Staff were nice and booked my bus ticket for me. The only thing was the hostel was very quiet, so didn't really meet many people, one night there was just me in my room. But it is clean and I did sleep really well there.

• 13th Aug 2013

El Labrador Hostel

Cusco, Peru

This is a lovely family run hostel, the place is decorated beautifully, and it is very clean. The breakfast is good and there is free tea all day. There are plenty of blankets for the beds so was very warm. The lady who runs the place is super friendly and helpful and even let us leave our bags in the room until 5pm on the day we were checking out. As it is a family hostel there are some children noises in the morning, but the families friendliness and helpfulness outweighs it.

• 31st Jul 2013

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Good hostel, friendly staff helped book my bus for me, but some of the staffs english is not good. Also there are no lockers in the rooms for your bags, only small safety deposit style lockers near the reception. Also the water is not hot. Good breakfast and good kitchen.

• 17th Jul 2013

El Misti House

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel is alright if you stay in the upstairs rooms, but if you stay in the 12 bed rooms they are downstairs in a basement and there are no windows, the beds are so closely together you can't get into all the lockers, which results in everyones stuff being everywhere. The room gets very humid and stuffy as its in the basement. The hostel is dirty and you can only use the kitchen when the guy who does dinner is done, after 8.30pm. Staff are generally helpful and friendly.

• 6th Jul 2013