Sir Toby's Hostel

The River Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Cinnamon Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

It does smell like cinnamon in this hostel :) The setting and theme are really great, and the staff, too. However, I couldn't say much about the crowd, as I just used it to crash for a few hours when connecting a train - the proximity to the train station was a plus for me.

Phoenix Hostel

The crowd here is good, and it helps that the lobby functions as a bar. Relatively quiet and quite clean.

Smart Camden Hostel

I wasn't particularly fond of this hostel, mainly because of the atmosphere (not the greatest crowd) and because of a certain stench that it had.

Holland House

I know I had a deal, but even with normal prices, I think this hostel would easily rock any other hostel in London in terms of conditions and value for money (I tried quite a few), as long as you're not there for making friends to party with. It's really relaxing, clean and they offer both breakfast and a copious dinner. They also have a gym (which I did not use). The staff is just great, too!

St Christopher's Village

This hostel is ok if you're a backpacker stopping by for a weekend or a few days. Decently clean, good facilities, good staff, good location. It's good if you're looking for a group to party with.

Hostel 639

Worst hostel I've been to! It's absolutely disgusting!

One World Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The walls are not really soundproof. I had to listen to a 2h-long loud skype conversation in Turkish from the other room, while trying to sleep (I know, I could have used earplugs, but that's not the point here).

B Movie Hostel