La Guitarra Hostel Poznan

Poznan, Poland

The hostel is in poor condition and quite questionable cleanness. The staff is not too friendly. I booked a single room and I got to stay alone in a crammed dorm room. Given the reviews, I was expecting something better, but it's far from an amazing hostel 100m away.

YHA London St Pauls

Overall ok, except for the St. Paul's cathedral bells which are across the road and loud and that ring every 15 minutes all night long.

Very Berry Hostel

Poznan, Poland

Simply the best hostel I've stayed in. Perfect in its simplicity - spotlessly clean (they are cleaning several times a day), genuinely friendly staff, many free facilities including free tea/coffee and cookies and even free laundry service, very good free breakfast, free lockers. An amazing idea that other hostels should think about - the lockers are on the corridors, by the rooms. Not only that they have camera surveillance, but this way, you don't disturb your roommates.

Retro Hostel

The River Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Cinnamon Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

It does smell like cinnamon in this hostel :) The setting and theme are really great, and the staff, too. However, I couldn't say much about the crowd, as I just used it to crash for a few hours when connecting a train - the proximity to the train station was a plus for me.

Phoenix Hostel

The crowd here is good, and it helps that the lobby functions as a bar. Relatively quiet and quite clean.

Smart Camden Inn Hostel

I wasn't particularly fond of this hostel, mainly because of the atmosphere (not the greatest crowd) and because of a certain stench that it had.

Holland House

I know I had a deal, but even with normal prices, I think this hostel would easily rock any other hostel in London in terms of conditions and value for money (I tried quite a few), as long as you're not there for making friends to party with. It's really relaxing, clean and they offer both breakfast and a copious dinner. They also have a gym (which I did not use). The staff is just great, too!

St Christopher's Village

This hostel is ok if you're a backpacker stopping by for a weekend or a few days. Decently clean, good facilities, good staff, good location. It's good if you're looking for a group to party with.

Hostel 639

Worst hostel I've been to! It's absolutely disgusting!

One World Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The walls are not really soundproof. I had to listen to a 2h-long loud skype conversation in Turkish from the other room, while trying to sleep (I know, I could have used earplugs, but that's not the point here).

B Movie Hostel