Reviews: glibra

Location USA, Gender Male, Age 25

Hostel One Paralelo, Barcelona, Spain
27th Jul 2017

Really cool hostel with unbelievable atmosphere. Free dinner and daily tours are really nice. Good location only a 3-4 min walk from the bus and train that'll take you anywhere in the city. Would absolutely stay here again.

Spire Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
7.1
3rd Jul 2017

Decent place - but you get what your pay for. I'd stay here again if I needed a cheap place for the night. Staff is nice and the breakfast is handy. The ensuite bathrooms aren't great and the rooms are quite loud with all of the foot traffic outside the hostel. Common areas are chill.

Global Village, Belfast, Northern Ireland
30th Jun 2017

I've stayed at 35+ hostels around the world and this place is easily one of the best. It's the perfect size for what it is. The facilities are great but the cozy common areas are small enough to force you to meet others. The location is close to good food and pub options. The staff is blast to hang out with (i.e. Jamie and the gang), and they're all-around fantastic hosts (except for Brett - he's definitely bringing down the average here...). Do yourself a favor and book your stay here!!

Kinlay House Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
28th Jun 2017

Really solid hostel, and probably my favorite of the 5 I've stayed at in Dublin. It may not have the swanky updates that other places have in the city, but the value and location are unbeatable. The common areas are good too, and they're just the right size to force people to talk to each other. Don't be scared of the 20 person room - it's partitioned and really quite nice. Only negative is having to pay for a locker but even at €2 this place is a way better value than other hostels.

Generator Hostel Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
7.1
26th Jun 2017

I have mixed feelings about this place. It's really nice and newly updated, but it's definitely more hotel than hostel. The absence of a kitchen makes me hesitant to recommend generator to anyone, truthfully, especially since there aren't many good food options nearby. I'd stay somewhere else If you're a solo backpacker, but if you're in a larger group this place might be good for a night or two. There are 500+ beds here, yet it's somehow difficult to meet others due to the huge size.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. we do not offer a kitchen because we offer a wide range of food options from our bar bites and café menu daily. Kind Regards

Dunloe View Hostel, Killarney, Ireland
23rd Jun 2017

My reservation was cancelled because I showed up after the 8pm checkout deadline. I'm sure this is a really nice place but I'm just leaving a neutral review so others will realize that you truly need to be there earlier than 8pm or they won't hold your bed.

Bru Bar & Hostel, Cork, Ireland
5.7
22nd Jun 2017

This place is pretty mediocre. The kitchen is nice but not set up very well, and the common room is small and dingy and not good for meeting people. The rooms are cramped and the bathrooms leave a lot to be desired - the showers have a 5 second timer and you can't change the temperature of the water. Also, my locker was broken so I couldn't lock anything up. I think people are drawn to this place because of the bar, and the bar IS pretty cool, but there are plenty of other pubs in Cork to visit.

Jacobs Inn, Dublin, Ireland
7.7
11th Jun 2017

Decent hostel in okay location, but if I was going back to Dublin I'd roll the dice on somewhere else. Pros: huge, nice kitchen; tons of common area seating; nice staff; newer facilities Cons: typical large hostel things - expect large groups of kids or older adults staying here. It's not easy to meet people unless they're in your room. Only TWO laundry machines for the whole hostel - don't expect to get ANY laundry done here. PUSH BUTTON SHOWERS - christ, those things are terrible.

Samesun Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA
7.4
31st May 2017

Mediocre hostel in an excellent location with great staff. Breakfast is nice but a cramped common room and kitchen is annoying. Facilities aren't great. Location is excellent, which is the only reason to stay here.

CITAN Hostel, Tokyo, Japan
27th May 2017

Such a cool hostel - we extended our two day stay to four days before we left Japan. Facilities are some of the best we experienced in Japan, though I will say I prefer capsule beds more than traditional bunk beds (my stuff kept falling off my bed in the middle of the night). The best part of the hostel is obviously the bar (it's better than Nui's). In a city that isn't too hospitable to foreigners, a bar where locals come to specifically mingle with us is amazing. Location is great too!

26th May 2017

This hostel is run by a married couple who are the sweetest people. It's a good value and in a good location just south of the Namba station. There's a large common area on the second floor which is really comfortable, although if you plan on being really loud late into the night I wouldn't recommend this place - quiet hours are definitely enforced so the other guests can get some sleep. The beds and other facilities were great, if a bit undersized for our tall group.

J-Hoppers Hiroshima Guesthouse, Hiroshima, Japan
25th May 2017

As with most Japanese hostels, the facilities here are really nice but the atmosphere is just 'okay'. The location is really nice as it's a quick 5 min walk to the Hiroshima peace museum, etc. Unfortunately it is on the western side of the memorial, and so it's pretty far from the bar and restaurant hubs in Hiroshima. I'd still recommend this place as it was pretty nice.

Khaosan World Namba, Osaka, Japan
23rd May 2017

This was a really cool hostel to stay in and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Osaka. We would have stayed longer but we ran out of time. The location is perfect as it is right between the JR and subway Namba stations, and right near the shopping and bars of the surrounding Namba area. Our group loved the capsule style dorm beds, and the huge kitchen, theater, and bar areas were a definite plus. Only negative is no breakfast and most Japanese hostels don't have a great atmosphere.

Khaosan Kyoto Theater, Kyoto, Japan
21st May 2017

This place has really nice facilities and my group of 8 loved the capsule design of the beds. The upstairs deck is a cool spot to hang out on, but it is a bit small. Overall, there isn't a large common area so meeting people might be a bit difficult here. I'd still recommend this place as a being a great hostel in a good central location in Kyoto. The staff was also extremely helpful and recommended a wonderful Sushi restaurant for us.

20th May 2017

Booked this for one night for two friends when Nui didn't have space. They said it was nice and had everything they needed. Atmosphere didn't seem great as there is not very much room in the common area, but the hostel is very close to Asakusa which is nice. I'd recommend.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate it and hope that you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you next time!

Nui. Hostel & Bar Lounge, Tokyo, Japan
17th May 2017

Nui is a great hostel and is a nice place to stay if you're trying to meet locals. They were very accommodating for our group of six 25-year-old guys, even when we got a bit drunk and made too much noise :) I'd recommend this hostel to anyone looking to stay near the Asakusa area.

Thank you for your reviewing. We have not only guests who are traveler. We also have local guests in bar lounge. We are happy that you guys had a good experience with locals. We are looking forward to seeing you!

Fabrizzio's Petit, Barcelona, Spain
23rd May 2016

Nice, small hostel in a good location close to the city center and near a few metro stations. This hostel maybe isn't the best for meeting people, but it is very nice if you're coming with friends or looking to relax for a few days. I would definitely recommend this to other friends coming to stay in Barcelona, especially because it is so competitively priced.

The Lunar Surf House, Agadir, Morocco
20th May 2016

Fantastic hostel - one you could stay at or weeks or months at a time simply because it is so relaxing. The excellent staff goes above and beyond to give their guests a great experience. Delicious breakfast and dinners, affordable surfboard and wet suit rentals, good excursions to nearby spots. There aren't lockers but I never felt like anything of mine was in danger of being stolen. Only slight negative is the showers can sometimes alternate between scolding hot and freezing cold for no reason

Wow thank you for the descriptive review :) And yeah, sorry about the showers. The downstairs one used to just be cold and has only recently had the heating installed. We're working on getting it working better. Good thing its started to get really hot outside! We had no heating during summer last year and the temp was perfect!

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge, Marrakech, Morocco
14th May 2016

Excellent hostel in Marrakech. The staff is wonderful and the desert tour through the hostel is a fantastic journey. Book here!

Makuto Backpackers Hostel, Granada, Spain
12th May 2016

This is a great hostel for many people, but not everyone will enjoy the liberal feel of the place. The atmosphere and staff is top notch, but the facilities are a bit lacking. Though the kitchen is nice, the biggest issue for many people will be the single, shared, coed bathroom. It was a bit strange to share a bathroom with everyone in the hostel, but I didn't really mind. If you are someone that really values privacy, maybe consider a different hostel. Otherwise, this one is great.

6.9
10th May 2016

This is by no means a bad hostel. In fact, the facilities are quite nice. I was disappointed with my stay here, though. It bothers me that as a "backpacker's oasis", there were huge groups of non-backpackers staying in the hostel (a huge group of children and a large group of older men for an AC/DC concert in my case). The atmosphere here is lacking and it is difficult to meet other backpackers here as a result. I would probably not stay here again.

Thank you for you comment. We are sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay but as you can understand we cannot block the entry to any client just because they are not backpackers. That would be discrimination. We want our clients to have a good time no matter what kind of guests they are and I'm really sorry if that was not the case!

Rising Cock Party Hostel, Lagos, Portugal
7th May 2016

Fantastic party hostel. Easily one of the best I have stayed in. Mamma and the rest of the staff make for fantastic hosts and really made my stay at the rising cock one I'll never forget. I was impressed at how clean it was considering the shenanigans that go on every day and night here. Know that you are booking at a truly wild place - don't book here if you are looking for any semblance of peace and quiet. I will hopefully be back here one day!

Sunset Destination Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
5th May 2016

This is a good hostel. The staff is wonderful and the facilities, beds, bar, etc. are all very good. However, nothing stands out to me as "one of the best hostels in the world". The location is good in that it's above the train/metro station, but it is a bit of a walk to go anywhere else. My one gripe with this place was that they have their showers on a 10-second push button timer. I really despise push button showers and wouldn't stay at any of these hostels again purely because of this.

Home Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
3rd May 2016

There is a reason 'Home' is widely regarded as the best hostel in the world. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if half of their guests at any time are rival hostel employees there to take notes. They do everything perfectly: the staff, facilities, bar, atmosphere, bedrooms, tours, location, and especially mama's food are second to none. I had a magical time here and can't wait until I come back. If you're in Lisbon, do yourself a favor and come to the best hostel in the world - come to 'Home'.

Urban Garden Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
2nd May 2016

This is a great small, quiet hostel with a wonderful atmosphere. The facilities are too notch, though some parts of the Hostel were still under renovation during my stay. The breakfast is good and common room is quite nice. The free beer upon check-in is a great surprise :)

Erasmus Home, Salamanca, Spain
1st May 2016

I had to cancel last minute and was charged a night's stay as per their cancellation policy.

Living Cat's Hostel, Madrid, Spain
30th Apr 2016

Good hostel with great atmosphere and staff. I really enjoyed my stay here and tagged on an extra night just because. It is phenomenally easy to meet people here and make friends, and the bar is really good. Negatives include chilly showers and very spotty wifi, but overall these didn't affect my experience much. Also strange was the hostel didn't seem to have an age limit. A few roommates seemed to be living in the hostel which I find odd (why would you want to live in a party hostel?!)

Living Cat's Hostel, Madrid, Spain
28th Apr 2016

Bahaus Guesthouse Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
3rd Aug 2013

Really nice rooms and beds in the 14 person dorm. Personal outlets and lights on each bed. Cool roof terrace/bar.... They hired a belly dancer one night for all of us which was pretty neat.

Metropolis Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
1st Aug 2013

Breakfast is okay. The rooftop terrace is cool, too. Decent place as a good value and good location. I'd stay here again.

Youth Hostel Plakias, Crete, Greece
29th Jul 2013

Greatest hostel In the world situated in the greatest town in the world. Would have stayed months given the time. Everything is perfect about this place!

Rethymno Youth Hostel, Crete, Greece
27th Jul 2013

Really cool hostel. The manager Ivan is super hardworking and it shows in the quality of this place. Definitely stay here If you ever find yourself in rethymno, Crete.

Dioskouros, Athens, Greece
25th Jul 2013

Really nice staff. Rooms were pretty hot and mine didnt have AC. The two cats are crazy!! Fun place would stay again

Hostel Des Artistes, Rome, Italy
6.6
22nd Jul 2013

Wifi is not free. The computers are always taken as well which makes it difficult to plan ahead. Not ideal for backpackers as it is fairly expensive and does not offer anything more than a basic 14$ room elsewhere. Breakfast is 8€... Yeah no thanks

Mosaic Hostel, Rome, Italy
6.0
21st Jul 2013

Mediocre facilities and breakfast considering the price I paid (45$). In a decent location bit you'll have to take the metro or bus anywhere you want to go. Would have chosen literally any other place but nothing else had rooms open.

Hostel Krk, Krk, Croatia
5.4
13th Jul 2013

It's the only hostel in krk, and it's nothing special. I had a room to myself which was nice, but I seemed to be the only guest there. The rooms were pretty hot at night and the attached restaurant would be loud until around midnight, although this wasn't a huge issue. Decent facilities besides the bedrooms. Staff was very nice and helpful, though. Good location but somewhat difficult to find at first. I feel like I didn't get 27$ worth of service here a night, but it's the cheapest In krk still

Budapest Beat Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
9th Jul 2013

Location: 4 minute walk from the metro station and very close to shopping, bars, pubs, etc. Staff: Awesome and extremely nice. They really care about keeping the place nice and making sure you have a good time. They will do your laundry for 3€! Value: soo cheap! Facilities: newly remodeled and very nice. If you're looking for a great value and a small, cozy, family environment, choose this hostel. I would definitely go back next time I'm in Budapest! The hostel is brand new and lots of fun

Sir Toby's Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic