I think I could only say the location was fantastic. Apart from that it was really an average hostel that looked and feel more like a hotel with no common room and very little space to make real conversation with anyone. Kitchen was dirty and under utilised and I don't understand why we couldn't use it before I had to leave early in the morning before breakfast. it didn't seem like the staff bothered to make service their no 1 priority. Didn't really enjoy my stay overall.

• 5th Aug 2013

The Hipstel

Barcelona, Spain

It is a hosteller's dream come true in terms of cleanliness, facilities and wifi. Almost everything you need in a HOTEL you can find it here. They even have maids that clean up practically daily. Apart from the hostel rooms, everything is as good as spotless. Then again, its not the kind of place people actually do make conversation cos the staff there don't have a culture of getting everyone together for events. Not really hip as much as they say it is. The staff are really professional IMHO.

• 1st Aug 2013

Two Ducks Hostel

Rome, Italy

nothing much to say cos i only stayed a night. but I must say its incredibly convenient to Termini station. Those who prefer a party hostel don't stay here though. just more of a place to spend the night if you wanna catch the bus to the airport.

• 31st Jul 2013
  • Singapore

Never expected to pay so much more on top of my hostel price. The whole atmosphere doesn't look inviting at all from the get go. The staff were generally there to make money and leave. They were not really there to make the whole place feel like a home. Overall a good hostel with a good location nonetheless.

• 28th Jul 2013

Margareten Hostel

Vienna, Austria

It didn't feel as cosy as I would have expected although it was a small hostel. Location was pretty bad as it was a tram ride plus 10 min walk to the hostel. I wouldn't recommend to single female travelers. They gave me wrong directions to the train station on the last day so don't think the staff really updated themselves on the routes towards certain places in town. Overall an okay experience.

• 24th Jul 2013

Hi 5 Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

overall a good hostel. Just can get noisy at night due to the bar downstairs. Had very little sleep because of that. other than that it was pretty comfortable except that it was very warm at night.

• 24th Jul 2013

Hostel One Home

Prague, Czech Republic

You can't get any hostel better than this! Great party hostel but also good enough for a nice quiet night of sleep. The staff are ultra friendly, free dinners are always the way to get people together and post dinner drinks are almost always started off by travellers in the common room/kitchen/dining area. Facilities are way beyond what i expected of a hostel and I spent the best times of my travels in Europe here. All the way Hostel One Home!

• 21st Jul 2013

Astor Victoria

I really thought this place was a delightful place set in the outskirts of town. Excellent location to Victoria stations so you can easily get to Stansted via coach or train. The hostel was really clean other than the kitchen areas where I think more improvement can be made. Breakfast was filling and the staff I met we're really friendly. Not so great for solo travelers I guess. Huge groups tend to stay in the small dorms so they tend to stick to themselves. Good experience!

• 8th Jul 2013