PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

It took a very long time to check in and check out. The internet is only accessible in one section of the lobby and it is very slow. Wifi does not work in the rooms. The lobby is always very crowded because of the number of people trying to use the internet. The dorm room seemed very dirty and dated. There was a water stain down the wall from the air conditioner. The bathroom in the dorm room was very dated also. Overall, a pretty depressing place to stay. I won't be recommending it.

• 25th Sep 2013

Seven Hostel

Sorrento, Italy

The hostel is located about an hour from Naples and the trains are not very reliable so it takes a long time to arrive. Then it's about a 1km walk to the hostel. The directions provided on the website are good. The sheets I was given had holes all through them, I asked for another set and they too had holes all through them as well. I just gave up. The staff were good. Overall, I don't think I would stay here again.

• 20th Sep 2013

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

The dorm room was very clean, and so was the bathroom. There was no character in this place. It's not a social hostel. But it is a very clean place to sleep.

• 19th Sep 2013

Hello! Thank you for your comment! We are a mix of a hotel and a hostel, welcoming quite a big variety of guests - from backpackers, families to business guests, that is why the atmosphere is not the same as at classical hostels. If you want to though, you can visit some of our other hotels which have more of a hostel-vibe, like the one in Brussels or Amsterdam. Best wishes Your MEININGER Salzburg Team

JUFA Salzburg City

Salzburg, Austria

The bathrooms smelled of mould and were very dirty. The wifi only worked in the reception area. There were small school children everywhere. They were loud and unruly. It was close to the old town which is useful if that's what you want to see.

• 18th Sep 2013

Hostel One Home

Prague, Czech Republic

The staff at this hostel are excellent. They introduce you to other travellers and make sure that everyone is having a good time. They are also very knowledgable of what's going on in Prague and all the things to do. This was the most social hostel I have ever stayed at. It was great.

• 14th Sep 2013

Kangaroo-Stop

Dresden, Germany

The bathrooms were disgusting and the showers didn't provide any privacy. The kitchen was disgusting, nothing was clean and it smelled horrible. The common area was filthy and dusty. There was a bug catcher at the head of my bed, and I got bitten by bugs all night. There was no reading light or socket for the beds. There are sensors on all the lights, and they don't work properly, so the lights don't come on. The staff were only helpful as I was checking out.

• 12th Sep 2013

The Cat's Pajamas Hostel

Berlin, Germany

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I will be recommending it to anyone who is thinking of travelling to Berlin. There is great access to the station and to the bus to the main station in Berlin. The ensuite in the dorm room was very clean and very new. I spent three nights in a private room which was better than some hotels I have stayed in. The staff were very helpful and kind. I am looking forward to returning to Berlin and The Cat's Pajamas.

• 4th Sep 2013

Lucky Lake Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location is quite far from the middle of Amsterdam city. There is a shuttle that runs every half hour too the station that costs a euro each way. The location is fantastic for relaxing and unwinding. There are great places to walk around the lake and it's very beautiful. The staff were excellent and very helpful and laid back and very kind! And the breakfast was great each day.

• 31st Aug 2013

There were curtains around each bed which provided some privacy. There was also a socket and light for each bed and a shelf. The staff let me have a shower even though I arrived hours before check in time which was very kind of them (I had just flown for 20+ hours and felt terrible and probably looked terrible too).

• 28th Aug 2013