I had a wonderful stay here. The hostel is very central and everything is walkable. The staff were a great help and very welcoming. The free breakfast was very good and the rooms were a good size and clean. It was nice to have free group activities which were very helpful. The only thing I would have preferred was doors instead of curtains in the showers but it was no big deal. Thank you for a lovely stay, I highly recommend this hostel.

• 15th Sep 2013

Thank you for your great review and feedback! We look forward to having you stay with us again! So happy that you enjoyed your stay! Safe travels, Christina

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

I didn't receive a very warm welcome, the guy behind the desk was very slow and unwelcoming, the whole time I felt the staff behind the desk were not very friendly and I wasn't the only hosteller who felt this. I was charged over the rate in which I was told I had left to pay after booking with Hostel World. They mucked up my reservation for 2 nights and so I had to change rooms after my first night. The rooms were really small but clean and the location was quite good.

• 13th Sep 2013

Thank you for your review! We have looked into your complaints. We had tried to explain to you that the rates from hostelworld do not include taxes. We just collect the taxes. It is stated on your invoice and our website. Due to high volume and limited availability, the room type you had reserved for your second night was not the same room type you had previously booked.