Dragan's Den

Korcula, Croatia

Has a pool which is awesome, and everyone is really friendly. no lockers to speak of but great staff who give you transfers both to the beach and to ferries in the morning, even the 6am ferry to Korcula, so thats incredibly useful.

• 30th Aug 2013

Merak House

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Not much atmosphere to speak of, but ok room. great location but the private rooms are a 10 minute walk from the main building. Hot water ran out after one shower though, so when sharing a house between 7ish people it got pretty annoying having to shower in arctic temperatures. Pretty average stay apart from that.

• 17th Aug 2013

Manga hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

This is WITHOUT A DOUBT the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff were the nicest and most helpful people ever, from constantly being happy to point us in the direction of a good meal, to booking our onward travel for us as well as another friend who wasn't even staying in the hostel, to sending us off on a night out with shots of rakija. Amazing place and would recommend it to everyone, I cannot praise it highly enough. They are AWESOME!

• 14th Aug 2013

Hostel California Vaci Street

Budapest, Hungary

• 13th Aug 2013

Treestyle Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Ok hostel and good location, but I would say it was decidedly average compared to the others I've stayed in, and a MASSIVE negative was it has no air conditioning. We had to go to sleep in wet pyjamas and wake up multiple times in the night to soak them again in order to be cool enough to actually sleep. Other people have raved about it, but I think it was okay at best.

• 10th Aug 2013