Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Fun bar upstairs, even the cheapest rooms had their own bathroom, lockers, you name it. It was really close to a bus and u-bahn station, and 20 minute or so walk to the heart of downtown. Most of the people staying there (at least in the largest rooms) were college-aged students.

Honestly, I probably just shouldn't have stayed in the 30-bedroom dorm.

The only hostel located right in the middle of Old Town. A bit pricey, but very nice and clean; welcome shot on arrival and free breakfast! Really enjoyed it here, the owners seem to take a lot of pride in making the place as good of a time as possible,

Youth Hostel Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Free breakfast, location just near a small supermarket, local swimming spot, totally walkable to the Old Town, and met a lot of friendly people! Don't be expecting any organized bar crawls, but I really enjoyed my time here.

Hostel Santini Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I loved it here, one of the best hostels that I've stayed in. Not in the newer sector of the city; located closer to the castle district (but still walkable easily to the city center!) Very nice, clean, free breakfasts, helpful staff that speak english. No formal bar or drinking events with the hostel, but in both of the rooms that I stayed in there, I met a large number of people.

St Christopher's Barcelona