Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 26

Koh Lipe Backpackers Hostel

Koh Lipe, Thailand

This isn't so much a real hostel as it is just basic rooms to sleep in. No common area or kitchen, etc. No working wifi at the time of visit, though they did have running water 5 of my 6 nights there. Really nice that it's right on the beach, though kinda far from Walking Street, the main area of Koh Lipe. I only saw 2 showers and 2 toilets for the guests, which resulted in backups at times. Personal storage lockers were appreciated. Overall, not bad for budget accommodations.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

With a bar, pool and restaurant, this place seemed more like a resort. Helpful with everything, including transportation and Angkor Wat tour arrangements. The place also makes a point of employing locals at good wages to help with the development situation in the region. Dorms are clean with safes under the beds. Only suggestions would be more hooks for hanging stuff in the dorms and maybe curtains around the beds.

Mile Map Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Great place to stay. Helpful staff, clean, secure, though kinda far from many of the attractions in Bangkok. My only complaints would be; get thicker curtains for the north facing windows to better block the light from your big outdoor sign; and find a different company to arrange transportation to Siem Reap by bus. The current company is involved in the common visa scam at the border (as outlined in wikitravel for Poipet).

Our Melting Pot

Manila, Philippines

Great, clean, friendly place to stay. Manila can be a challenge, but the tours organized by the staff are a great way to venture into the city and some surrounding locations. I just wish they offered more out-of-city tours. The breakfast each morning was a big help, as was the designated 'party spot' on the roof. Only two complaints: no laundry facilities, and some restaurant across the street playing music until late at night. But this is Manila: noise is to be expected.

Here and Now Hostel

Hualien, Taiwan

Excellent hostel. Clean facilities, helpful staff, free local treats sometimes, and good location near train and bus stations. Kind of far from the shore, but bikes can be rented nearby. The only things I would recommends: curtains around the dorm beds for added privacy; and rearranging some of the lobby furniture to make it a more comfortable area to socialize. Maybe replace the big table and bench with a counter and some more comfortable chairs. But overall, I thought this was a great place.

Dulan 102

Taitung, Taiwan

Really needs a deep cleaning. Despite a general lack of doors and separate rooms, the isolated nature of this place about 20km north of Taitung in Dulan village means security is not an issue. Easy walking distance of all Dulan, several beaches. Owner, Berry, is quite nice and helpful, though rest of staff needs to be prodded for information. Having a flyer that lists useful info like the wifi password, check in/out times, how to get free water, and how to get to nearby attractions would be good

Cleaning is all done, cheers... caught you at an off moment maybe ...;) Dulan102 is an open style dorm hostel (4 dorms on 2 floors all connected) 'social' security and personal safety are still strong in the village... ;) we have lockers though... thx for your flyer suggestion ... would save a lot of explanation...working on it, together with a Dulan map... constantly on the look out for good people too ... but 57% Benjamin, really...? Best regards, Barry

On My Way Taipei Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Excellent dorm accommodations. Simply having a curtain for your bed really helps with privacy, while the personal shelves and storage locker were very convenient. Staff was very knowledgeable about everything from attractions and activities to currency exchange to food options. The laundry room could have used a bit of cleaning, but apart from that the facilities were very new and fresh. The only downside is that the inn is so far from central Taipei, though it is only a 3min walk to the train.

Nahbi Guest House for Backpackers

Gyeong-ju, South Korea

More shelves and clothes hooks on the walls in the dorm room would make organizing your things during the stay a bit easier. But overall, I really enjoyed my stay there.

Hello Guesthouse

Busan, South Korea

Great place. The only thing I would recommend is more clothes hooks in the dorms and maybe shelves near the beds; just something to set my glasses on would have been convenient. Apart from that, the free breakfast was very helpful, as were staff recommendations on things to do in Busan apart from the beach.

Fukuoka Hana Hostel

Fukuoka City, Japan

Perhaps my favorite hostel in Japan of the 5 I stayed in this trip. I found the curtains around the dorm beds to be very helpful. My only recommendation would be to have backdoor access to the riverwalk directly.

Dear Benjamin Thank you for staying with us and great review! We are super happy to hear that hana hostel is your favorite hostel in Japan!!! Awesome! We will see if we can make backdoor to the riverwalk, great idea, it seems lil difficult for some security reasons thou. However we will do our best! Thank you :-)

Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

Excellent stay. Maybe having rental kimonos to add to the ryokan experience would be my suggestion if they really wanted to change anything.

Thank you very much for your comment:) Kimono rentals! Thank you for your suggestion:) Actually we added Kimono as a present for 4th nights coupon service! Limited ones though. Thank you again, and hope to see you again!