• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
2nd Jan 2015

I especially liked the large, clean kitchen and adjoining dining room and lounge area. Because of these facilities, we had a very comfortable stay. Other facilities were also clean, modern, and well maintained. I never felt like I was too cramped, unlike many other hostels I've stayed at in Japan.

• USA, Female, 25-30
Kyoya Ryokan, Nagoya, Japan
17th Aug 2013

For someone used to hostels, this place was practically luxury. I missed having a kitchen to use, but the Japanese garden and small bath house were amazing! It is ryokan, and I loved that I could stay there for less than a typical ryokan because they had a dorm room. I was the only female in a 6 person co-ed dorm, and since I was traveling alone it was slightly uncomfortable. No problems though. The other guests were all very kind and thoughtful when I wanted to sleep earlier than everyone else.

• USA, Female, 25-30
7.7
9th Aug 2013

The single room was perfect for one person, and the futon was nice and soft. No A/C though, and those little rooms heat up in the summer! There's a window, but no screen on it, and it didn't really give much air flow even with the fan on. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the front desk is open late!! It seems like the showers were in the process of being renovated. One of them was just amazing, but the other two were old, had flimsy walls, and virtually no changing area.