Astor Victoria

• 10th Sep 2013

Vila Gabriela

Bucharest, Romania

Great location by the airport and the owner drove me there before my flight himself. Not particularly central location in Bucharest for sightseeing but the surrounding area is beautiful and full of small-town charm, which is nice outside the inner city. Definitely an older crowd staying here, not really the best place for backpackers or to meet lots of people.

• 9th Sep 2013

Eol777 Hostel

Constanta, Romania

• 6th Sep 2013

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Cheap, clean, big, tons of fun people, super-friendly staff. Jo taught me a bunch of Romanian, and I loved the location so much I ended up staying an extra three nights in the city because I kept meeting great people. I'd go back in a heartbeat, the city is fantastic as well and a great base to make day trips out of the city.

• 3rd Sep 2013

The Cozyness Downtown Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

I stayed the last couple nights before this hostel moved locations, so I can't comment on the new place, but the staff was excellent and friendly and full of recommendations for Bucharest sights and places to go. The other people in the hostel were great and it was easy to make friends. Very cozy, as the name suggests.

• 31st Aug 2013

Tchaikovsky Hostel

Split, Croatia

Beautiful, clean, modern, staff was helpful, rooms were huge. The hostel itself is small and there's not too much of a common room to meet people and hang out, but it was great for my one night in the city.

• 29th Aug 2013

Dragan's Den

Korcula, Croatia

Kind of dirty, staff parties a little too much (sometimes nobody is sober on duty at night, seems irresponsible), weird location so pretty tough to find. Friendly, though.

• 26th Aug 2013

Little Olive Tree

Bari, Italy

David and Valentina really took a personal interest in making sure my stay was everything it could be. I was only in Bari one night but David mapped out all the best places to check out in the old town and they helped me get my ferry ticket the next morning when I was having a lot of problems with the travel company and booking. The hostel was clean and cozy, and small enough to be relaxing, and breakfast and coffee was great in the morning.

• 22nd Aug 2013