Reviews: HeleneSas

Location: Belgium, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Wombats City Hostel London

Our stay at the Wombat in London was ok. The staff is friendly and the rooms are large enough. We had a private bathroom but there is no ventilation in there so after taking a shower it was extremely moist and smelled bad the entire weekend. Another point is the cleaning staff. They were at our door at 9:30 am so quite early and on our last day we were supposed to check out at 10 but the cleaning staff kept knocking on the door several times even though we told them to come back later..

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. We apologies that cleaners woke you up. We will make sure that this doesn't happen again. As for ventilation, could you send us an e-mail to lonronrecemanager@wombats.eu with your room number so we can get look into it. Happy travels!

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

• 25th Jun 2014

Gallery Hyde Park

The positive thing about this hostel is the location. 5 minute walk from Hyde Park and 2 undergrounds very close to the hostel. The cleanliness however was a disaster. The floor in our room was covered in hair and it was just disgusting. The rooms are very small and look very old. The bathroom was 'clean', but the 2 towels that were provided had dirt on them so we couldn't use them. The bathroom is also quite small. Oh and everyone can come in the hostel. There is no security whatsoever.

• 31st Oct 2013

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

I've been here before and so I knew exactly what to expect. A great hostel with a great location. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are excellent. I've been to 3 different hostels on this trip to Ireland and this one was by far the best! And by far the best bathroom I've had on this trip! If I ever go back to Dublin I would definitely go back to Jacobs Inn!

• 27th Aug 2013

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

This was the second hostel of our trip in Ireland and I must admit that it wasn't the best one. Something went wrong with our booking and so we had to switch rooms every day. And check-out before 10. We stayed in a double room, an appartment, a room for 4 people and a room for 6 people. All the rooms were pretty clean but the bathrooms are just too small. And if you have any bad luck you'll have either no water or very cold water in the shower. It wasn't bad but I can't really recommend it..

• 23rd Aug 2013

Hostel Cork City

Cork, Ireland

This hostel is perfect if you want some privacy and are not really the partying type. We didn't even see any other guests. The appartments are clean and basic, but the common area is very nice! You don't see any staff though, apart from the check-in. On our last night the fire alarm went off in our kitchen but we couldn't reach anyone. We even tried to call a number in case of fire alarm, but no one answered.. Apart from that, everything was great. Basic but clean bathroom. Good hostel.

• 19th Aug 2013